That One Friend

Eloise's POV

Maddie has been getting on my nerves for the past few weeks, actually make that the past few months. We had gotten into a large argument last year and I thought that would've been the end of our friendship, but she ended up reaching out to me again and we started talking.

She's a Swiftie, which to be honest isn't the reason for our friendship or why it's coming to an end, but I just felt like I needed to mention that. Mom always told me she didn't know how she felt about me still being friends with her.

"I'm home!" I say as I entered the house.

"You're home early" Mom says walking towards me. She was wearing her apron, so she was most likely baking something.

I sighed, "Maddie and I got into it and I decided to leave, I can't do it anymore Mom" I tell her with teary eyes.

She takes her apron off and engulfs me into a hug, "Oh honey, you need to let her go" she whispers into my ear and I shake my head.

"I've been trying, I've tried to be nice and so considerate so many times, I feel like she just never understands me, and then she'll use you against me!" I exclaim.

She shook her head, "That's it, I don't care if she's a fan of mine, I don't want you being her friend anymore. I've seen her make you upset too many times, use you, and manipulate you" she tells me seriously and I nod my head.

I've known Maddie for almost ten years, we've always fought here and there, but as we were getting older, the arguments got more serious.

I had always known that Maddie was a Swiftie, but she didn't find out that Taylor was my Mom until just a few years ago. She began to get really clingy to me, ask for merch during her birthday and holidays. I gave her what she wanted, she was my friend after all.

"Ellie, please tell me you're going to drop her" Mom says as she goes back to baking and I watch from the table.

I nod my head, "I will, it's just so hard. I wish she understood me" I tell her and she nods.

"I understand babe, but she obviously doesn't care enough too" She says.

I go on my phone and saw that she had blocked me from some social media accounts, I did her a favor and blocked her on the rest. I was done. I can't believe I gave gifts early.

"You have so many other great friends babe, trust me, you don't need her. I also don't want to see you meeting up with her at any of my concerts, got it?" She tells me and I nod.

Maddie and I always planned going to concerts together, I never went to all of my Mom's shows, but I went to the ones Maddie had tickets to.

I watched as Mom baked, she made it look so easy, she knew what she was doing. She kept taking small glances up at me and I gave her small smiles, to assure her I was okay.

I knew Maddie would try to reach out again, but for now, I didn't want to talk to her.