Chapter 1

Harry was lying on his bed. His glasses on the nightstand and his hand on his head. He could hear his uncle, Vernon Dursley snore. He sat up and looked around his room. His owl was asleep in its cage. On his desk was todays newspaper. It was about the new minister, and how Harry was a hobo.

He looked at his room and cringed. It was messy, with his clothes in a pile and his schoolbooks covering the floor. He ought to pack up since Dumbledore was coming but he refused to believe it. He looked at the long letter at the end of his bed which Dumbledore had mailed him.

He lay back down on the bed and started to think. He was going to be 16 tomorrow. He smiled at the thought but frowned when he realized that he had to study harder. He wished he was as smart as Hermione but was grateful for being smarter than Ron.

He thought about all his friends that he was going to meet again and stopped at Draco. Draco Malfoy. He was a mysterious boy in truth and looked more dangerous than he actually was. Harry sighed.

The doorbell rang and Harry got up in a flash. He heard his uncle walk down the stairs and yell something to his aunt about people waking him up at night. He heard the handle on the front door turn and his uncle gasping.

A raspy, blurry voice entered the house. 'Harry, come here right now!' his uncle yelled.

Harry dragged his way and looked at the stranger through a gap in his door.

'Harry, I see you there' said a calm voice.

Harry opened the door and saw a wizard and an angry uncle sitting on the couch.

'Dumbledore!' Harry yelped out in surprise. He quickly thought of his messy room and went to the living room, closing the door behind him.

'Are you ready?' the old man asked the child. 'Ready for...'

He realized the letter and ran in his room, looking at it with embarrassment. He took his bags out, filling it with random clothes and books in panic. He then went out of the room but went back in when we forgot his owl, who was screeching.

'I'm ready' he huffed.