Chapter 2: Mess up

"AH!"

Jirou awoke screaming. She gripped the sheets. She breathed heavily as she realized it had just been a nightmare.

Jirou looked at the time it was 7:30. If she didn't start getting ready now, she would be late. She got out of bed and started to get ready.

As Jirou brushed her teeth, what Momo had said yesterday had started to come back to her. "You're amazing," Jirou whispered to herself again and blushed. Did Momo really mean it.

As Jirou made her to class 1A, she scrolled through her phone. "This is the last time I'm going to tell you, Kaminari, no running in the hallways!"

Jirou looked up to see Denki being scolded by."Sorry, Iida..." Denki said, rolling his eyes. Jirou giggled. "Dumbass," she muttered to herself.

~Later~

Jirou was sitting at the table that her and her friends usually sat at. Mina was telling a story, but Jirou had not been paying attention.

The whole lunch room went quiet as Jirou zoned out. She glanced around the lunchroom, her eyes darting like cockroaches on a wall as she scanned the room.

"Jirou? Ribbit, " Jirou snapped back to attention as Tsu addressed her. "Y-yes?" Jirou asked, blushing as she realized all the other girls were staring at her. "Are you ok? Ribbit." Jirou smiled slightly "Yeah I'm fine, just zoned out."

Soon enough, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. All the other girls left except Momo. "This could be my chance to tell her how I feel, " Jirou thought. As Momo got up, Jirou grabbed her wrist. "Wait, Yaoyorozu-chan," Jirou said. Momo looked back and smiled. "Yes, Jirou?" Jirou stopped for a second.

"U-um, I just wanted to tell you - I um..."
"No! No! Stop! You're not ready yet!" Jirou's mind screamed at her. "I just wanted to say that... No! I just -" "Kyoka-San, are you sure you're feeling okay?"You seem a little bit off."I-I'm fine I just-. Jirou let out a sigh . "Never mind," Jirou mumbled. "Oh well... okay,"
Momo said before walking away.

When Jirou got back to her dorm, she slammed the door and fell to the floor. Why are you such an idiot!? She thought Momo would never love you, especially not after that.

"Shut up,"

She said to herself

"You're so annoying. Just shut the fuck up."

Jirou trudged over to her bed and got under the covers. Well, I failed today, but maybe one day I'll be able to tell her.
Then Jirou drifted off to sleep.