The Other Priestess

Hecate immediately cast her spell.

"Fuzetsu."

In the following second, as the area was stained in crimson, a staff appeared at the same time as two blades: one katana and one enormous broadsword.

"W-What are you doing here?!" Yuji said, astonished as he held Blutsauger clumsily. He didn't want to wield the unweildy blade so close to his fellow students, but there wasn't really any other choice.

Hecate raised her weapon while glaring daggers at the Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter, who responded in kind. "What are you doing with the existence of Yukari Hirai?"

Her voice was as cold and monotonous as usual, but it was chilling as icicles, and it dripped with a great fury and instant hatred at what she saw, for indeed, the Flame Haze was now wearing the existence of her dear friend.

Kazumi, watching helplessly from behind them, gasped. "Th-that girl has Yukari-chan's existence?"

"What's left of it," the Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter said.

"Why are you back?" Yuji said. "Just how could you do this?"

"Lower your weapons, then we can talk," the voice of Alastor tried to reason from its amulet-like vessel.

"And if we don't?" Hecate said.

"Then we'll be forced to destroy the Reiji Maigo and its Mystes," the Flaming-Haired Blazing-Eyed Hunter replied without hesitation. "At this range, I can close the gap between us faster than you can shoot, and there isn't much room for either of you to parry. And if that somehow fails, we will have to resort to using Tenpa Jyousai again."

The three of them remembered it well. Even Kazumi, who had only seen the manifestation of the Crimson God from a distance, understood the implications. Their actions were starting to shake the world enough to warrant what was meant to be a last resort.

"At least, even if we don't get answers, we can still eliminate the key to Bal Masque's plans," the Flame Haze continued. "I doubt you'll be as lucky to survive like last time."

"You're bluffing," Yuji said calmly despite the tension between the Crimson Lord and the Flame Haze. "That could just as easily apply to you too. And on top of that, that'll leave this place too devastated for anyone to fix."

"Are you not bluffing as well, Mystes?" Alastor said. "Your stance betrays your hesitation. But I am somewhat surprised to see that the Supreme Throne is holding back as well."

Indeed, as the Priestess stood there, her staff pointed right at her mortal enemy, she gripped it with such tightness that it trembled lightly, as if putting most of her strength and willpower into not unleashing the explosive power of Aster and demolishing the entire building. In spite of that, her killing intent towards the Flame Haze was intense, gnawing at her to pull the trigger of her spell.

"The two of us have debated this matter for a while, and it was a difficult decision," the Flame of Heaven continued. "While Bal Masque has made this place their base for now, it would be foolish to assault them directly, and would easily escalate into a full-scale war. That is one thing we wish to avoid. Instead, we have come here to observe your operation, and if we deem it as harmful to the world and the balance, then we will not hesitate to incite my Judgement."

"And just who gave you the right to do that?" Yuji, his own anger starting to rise.

"I am the Flame of Heaven and the God of Atonement boy!" Alastor said with a firm and deep voice, shaking the three before his vessel momentarily. "I have every right to pass justice on those I see as deserving of it."