Chapter 8: Class Sorting Auditions

Haruka found Nijino Yume in the Dress Make Room, and she knew this was her chance

"Nijino Yume-chan!" she jumped at her, earning a startled shriek. She cosied up to the girl, peeking over her shoulder at the adorable coord she was making, "that's so good! Is it for your Class Sorting Audition?"

Yume seemed flustered. "Y- Yes, uhm... who are you?"

Haruka beamed, scanning her ID on the next machine so it'd light up with a Welcome, Haruka☆Ruka!

She then introduced herself, "I'm Haruka! "I'm making my dress for the audition too!"

Yume looked at Haruka as she picked at her options.

"There's a lot of stars," Yume said. "They're bright and colourful, and it really suits you."

Haruka brimmed into a smile. "You think so?" she giggled, "that's perfect! I want to become an idol who can spread happiness across the universe! I want to feel enough joy for two lifetime's worth! So, I want my song and dance to reach the stars."

Yume seemed entranced by those words.

"You have a really ambitious dream," Yume said, enviously, "I want to become the ichibanboshi one day. But I'm not sure what that means, sometimes."

Haruka hummed. "With so many stars here with us, of course becoming the brightest, becoming number one, is going to be hard. Sometimes you might even feel like you're falling behind. But you'll be fine!"

Haruka finished her coord and received her cards confidently.

"You already wear your heart on your sleeve, and that's the best trait an idol can have— honestly, and a genuine passion to be an idol," Haruka said, taking Yume's hands and spinning her around twice before setting each other back on the right machine, giggling. "Now you just have to sing all that heart out into the crowd! Right?"

Yume couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, Haruka-chan," she said. "I think I feel a lot more confident now."

Haruka nodded approvingly. "Then, go! Fighting, fighting!"

-

"Oh, it's you!"

Yuzu had zeroed in on Haruka the second she entered the hall, and Haruka knew she had to return the energy she was given.

"Nikaidou Yuzu-senpai!" she squealed, "happy, happy!" she grinned, making a victory sign, "Haruka☆Ruka has arrived!"

Yuzu found herself mirroring Haruka's pose, "nice to meet'cha, Haruka!" she grinned, "love your energy! Wanna dance with me?"

Haruka could've combusted from excitement, "I can?"

"Absolutely!"

"No no, Yuzu-chan!" the teacher chastised, "Young Haruka needs her energy for the audition! You may dance later!"