The season was now approaching and with the Clash happening the coming weekend, their schedule was about to get really tight. Maddy was now only working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. And Thursday was going to be rough for her. She knew she had the plane to sleep on so she'd be able to catch some sleep but she also felt bad because that would mean Ryan would have to deal with the kids. She hoped after one or 2 weeks of the schedule being consistent, that everything would fall into place.

She got to work early as usual and went straight into the locker room to get changed and get her stuff ready.

"Hey guys," Jamie said as she walked in, heading right for her locker.

"Hey," Maddy smiled, looking up from where she was tying her shoes.

"You guys ready for tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure I'm ready for the week. My husband's season starts tomorrow and it's about to get pretty crazy in my household," she sighed. "We leave for LA tomorrow and then we'll be home on Monday morning. I'll have time to basically take a quick nap, shower, and get here,"

"That's sounds like it's gonna be crazy,"

"It's crazy when I'm not working," she chuckled, "I'm gonna go get started, see you guys later,"

"Yeah," Jamie nodded, tying her shoes and also getting up to go get started.

She started talking to the nurse who was handing her patients over before she was at the computer and looking over charts. Ryan had texted her a video of the kids jumping on their bed. She chuckled a little at it and put it in her drawer since she kept her phone away for the most part. She had her watch if Ryan really needed to call her.

That was the only time she managed to sit for the first hour of her shift. It seemed like everyone needed something and it was something that Maddy was still getting used to. When she worked at the hospital in Chicago, it was a few of the same patients for a week at a time. Now, she had some people for an hour and some people for several hours but never longer than that. If It required a longer stay, they were moved upstairs.

She was with one of her patients, figuring out what happened so she had all the notes for the doctor when her watch started vibrating on her wrist. She didn't look immediately because she was with a patient and was trying to stay professional. She'd look in a second.

As soon as she got back to her desk, she started charting but couldn't help looking at her phone to see who had called her. It was Ryan. Now she was a little worried, but he'd left a voicemail so she grabbed her phone, excused herself, and headed to the bathroom for a second.

She unlocked her phone and clicked on the waiting voicemail, putting her phone to her ear as it played.

"Hey. It's me. I wanted to warn you before we just showed up but I'm gonna have to bring Char in. She was jumping on the bed with Luke and fell off. She's okay, I just want to get her looked at since you're not home. We'll be there in about 20 minutes. I'm gonna have Bubba come stay with Luke, love you," Ryan's voice said before the voicemail cut off and she headed back out to the ER.

She found the closest doctor she could, luckily one that specialized in pediatrics, and pulled her aside so she could let her know what was going on.

"What's going on Maddy?" She asked, noticing that Maddy was a little urgent with the way she was moving.

"My husband just called me. My 19-month-old fell off our bed and I want her to get checked. That's all I really know," She told her before playing the voicemail.