Epilogue

I watched the crowds below me, stirring softly. Murmurs about me swirled, about my husband. I raised my eyebrow and made my way down into their sight.

As soon as I entered their sights, cheers broke through the crowd. Children cheered, and I waved, smiling at my people. Royan took my hand and kissed it as I came down the last few steps.

"My people," I said, and they hushed to near silence "We, after so many years of being magicless, have regained our true power" I raised my arms to the sky and summoned a picture of Sun Peak, what once was a glowing golden plateau where dragons lived, now a crumbling, smoking ruin. "After years of suppression by the dragons atop Sun Peak, the Fey Lords, our Ancestors, have been released from the realms of magic!" I declared "Humanity was left devoid of the magical gift since they were locked away. Even my own twin-" People whisper about this "-Lost her life at birth because we were left without magic. Now, with the great gifts returned to us, Oqane, and all of you" I gestured outward "Can return to our former glory!"

The crowd roars. Royan claps for me, and I let the illusion drop. If cued, Lazerra swerves over the crowd and lands behind me, in all her massive glory. Her piercing eyes scan the crowd, and they break out in more cheers. I smile and shout "For glory and immortality!" I shout "For Oqane!"

My citizens echo my words, and I bask in it, in my victory.