Miss Pentangle?

A/N: Hi, welcome, thank you for clicking on and reading this. I hope you're going to enjoy it as much as I loved writing it. If you did please consider leaving kudos or a comment as feedback is really helpful.

I hope you have a great day/night!

A purple mist filled the potions lab; unlike last week, it was meant to smell a bit sour.

"Maud, need I remind you that in contrast to its appearance, Dragon's Toad isn't poisonous."

"I know, Miss Hardbroom"

"Then use it"

"Yes, Miss Hardbroom"

"Very well done, Ethel" Hecate complemented after she transformed back from her tree-like form.

"Thank you, Miss Hardbroom," Ethel said through her regular smirk.

Hecate was about to dip her finger in Filicity's cauldron when Miss Cackle stepped into the classroom with Mister Rowan-Webb right on her heels. Hecate always the one to give critiques and barely the one to be critiqued, already felt nerves creep up her limbs. Her facial muscles

tensed as she officially welcomed Ada into her classroom.

"Well met Hecate, if you would like to join me down here, that would be wonderful."

Ada smiled and waited for Hecate to get down, who looked like she had sworn off smiling with a blood oath.

"So as you all probably already know, to start off the 2nd trimester the Council of Magic and Education organizes a spelling bee. Cackles is the reigning champion thanks to Miss Goodcharm's and Miss Gribble's unsurpassable performan-"

"How unsurpassable it all might seem, that should not keep us from trying, understood." A stern voice interrupted. And while she was met with some "Yes Miss Hardbroom"'s, most saw it as an opportunity to start gossiping

"Girls, girls" Mister Rowan-Webb tried to regain authority, but Miss Hardbroom gave the poor man no chance.

"Quiet!"

"Thank you, Miss Hardbroom. Well, I believe it's now the time to assign our representatives. According to the official rule book, and looking at the actuality that Hazel Goodcharm and Peggy Gribble won last year, our lucky spelling bees this year start with H. Which means that our first representative would be Ethel Halow." The girl, long blond hair pulled back tightly in a high ponytail, stood tall. The smirk returned every so big. A solid half a minute of applause passed before she sat back down.

"Yes, yes, and then for our second representative," Mister Rowan-Webb paused and double-checked his paper; "Mildred Hubble" That was enough to scare the blond's smirk away for a moment, making her eyes pop open wide. Hecate, graceful as ever cared to close her eyes before rolling them, and kept her sigh minimal. In deep contrast, the over-supporting Ada called out for the girl; "Mildred, has anyone seen Mildred today, at breakfast perhaps?

Enid and Maud shared a worried glance that didn't go unnoticed by Miss Hardbroom. The position mistress simply turned to the troublesome duo.

"If anyone knows where our lucky bee might be, I would recommend you speak up now or you might find yourself in a less lucky situation." Enid turned a little pale, especially after hearing Maud gulp. Struck by fear, neither dared to turn their heads away from Miss Hardbroom.

"Eyyy-"

"Uhm- she is practicing her chanting"

"Mildred is rehearsing her flying final."

They blurted out mere seconds apart. A slightly confused but very much over it Hecate just flicked her wrist.

~