A deal with the Joker

pov: Batman

I stood on a roof and thought. What does this mean? Neither Poison Ivy nor Scarecrow have done anything in the last few weeks. Not even Harley knows anything about it. If we could still ask! Why us? Because me and Superman are working together to find out what's going on. We asked all the criminals but either they kept quiet or they didn't know about them. I'm very worried. That can't mean anything good! ''Bruce. Shall we ask that crazy clown guy? He's the only one we've ignored so far.'' ''Ask the Joker. Don't make me laugh! Even if he knew something, he'd never tell us.'' ''You never know. It's worth a try!'' ''Okay, but let me do the talking.'' "All right, detective!'' ''Oh. Look! The police in such a crowd! If we follow them, we'll find the joker. Only with him and Scarecrow there'll be a lot of cops driving to arrest them!'' With that, we set off. When we got there, I was a bit surprised. Does he also want to kill animals now? ''Batman and Superman, thank God you're here! The Joker is in there. He's heading for the carnivore enclosure! So far no deaths but mass panic!'' "We'll take him.'' "God bless you both!" We ran towards the carnivore enclosure. We haven't seen any dead animals yet. When we arrived at the wolves, we found the Joker. He just looks at the wolves and does nothing to them. "Joker, what are you doing here?" I ask a little more aggressively than I intended. He flinches briefly, which is weird even for him. "Hello Batsy!" he shouted happily, completely ignoring Clark. ''Since when did you get into killing animals? "Killing animals? I would never kill an animal!" he said indignantly. "Are you telling me you're just here like any normal person?'' ''If I was like everyone else, I'd pay the entrance fee,'' he jokes. ''What are you doing here now? You're scaring everyone!'' "Animals calm me down.'' ''Calm you down? Since when?'' ''Always have! Especially after what Scarecrow did.'' Wait, he knows something about Scarecrow?! ''You know something about Scarecrow?'' ''Yes.'' "Do you know what he's planning or doing at the moment?" I ask further. ''I have a hunch, but why should I tell you and that freak next to you?'' "I wouldn't take you to Arkham for the day.'' ''Very weak Batsy! It's almost winter and it's getting very cold again. If you let me stay with you, I would help you. I also promise that you will hardly notice me! I have one more desire to freeze every year!'' "That's out of the question! ''Please! I won't steal or vandalize anything! And when you have visitors I'll be as quiet as if I wasn't there!'' ''Batman, that's actually fair. If it's dangerous, we need his help!'' ''All right! Come along. We'll talk some more at my place.'' "Thank you, Batsy!" he cried out happily. I rolled my eyes and ran off with Clark and the Joker. Alfred is so going to kill me! If there's one thing Alfred hates more than criminals, than it's the Joker.

When we arrive, I just hope Alfred isn't in the Batcave. "So this is the Batcave?" Joker asks directly. "Yes. Don't you dare to touch anything!" He immediately puts his hands in his pockets. "So, what do you know about Scarecrow?'' ''Scarecrow is working with Ivy! I'm not sure how dangerous what they're planning is, but it's certainly not good! I was knocked out by the Scarecrow. When I woke up I was in a warehouse and tied up. They gave me some kind of liquid. When Scarecrow was gone, Ivy untied me. After all, she knows how angry Harley would get. I then ran 5 kilometers continuously until I arrived at the park. I was afraid that it was deadly poison. That's why I was at the zoo. To calm down,'' he tells us. "Since you're carrying the liquid, we should be able to analyze it," Clark suggested. ''Yes, that could work. We'll do that tomorrow, but it's too late for that today.'' "Agreed. See you tomorrow.'' ''See you tomorrow. And you follow me!'' With that, we went upstairs. "Hello, Master Br..." Alfred wanted to greet me, but froze when he saw Joker. "What is he doing here?" he asks angrily. ''Alfred. Me, Superman and Joker have a deal. He can spend the winter here and in return he'll help us with Scarecrow and Ivy.'' "Do you really think that's a good idea?'' ''Not necessarily, but it has to be! If what the Joker says is true, we could soon be dealing with a new, unknown type of poison.'' "I'm not cooking for him!'' ''You don't have to, Alfred. We'll go upstairs.'' With that, we go to my bedroom. ''You'll be sleeping in the same room as me. That way I can keep a better eye on you and you won't leave the room without me, understand?'' ''Okay,'' he answers me and lies down on the floor. ''What's this?'' ''It's been a long day, I just want to sleep.'' ''You don't have to sleep on the floor.'' ''I'm not disturbing you here, am I?'' ''At night I could fall over you when I want to go to the bathroom. ''Hmm, I see. Where should I sleep then?'' "Good question." The Joker got up again and lay down in a corner. He wouldn't mind sleeping there, but why does he want to sleep on the floor? I could get him a mattress. I quickly went out of the room to get a blanket, pillow and mattress. I went back into the bedroom with these things. Joker was still there. ''Here, take this!'' He looked up and gratefully accepted the things. He made himself comfortable and lay back down to sleep. I also got ready and then fell asleep.

Words: 984