Intruder

pov: Joker

I was woken up by a clanking noise. I looked around. It was still dark outside. But then I had a terrible thought. What if it's Scarecrow and he's breaking in? I got up quietly and shook Batsy in the hope that he would wake up, which unfortunately wasn't the case. I decided to punch him in the face. Suddenly he opens his eyes and looks me straight in the face. ''Bats, thank God you're awake!'' ''Why did you hit me in the face?'' ''To wake you up.'' ''What's wrong that you have to wake me up?'' ''I heard clanking noises from downstairs. I think there's someone in the house.'' ''Every Intruder is afraid of you, why don't you take care of it?'' ''What if it's Scarecrow and he's looking for me?'' ''You seem to be afraid of him.'' ''A little.'' ''It's all right. We'll look together ok?'' ''Ok!'' Bats stood up and picked up a flashlight and walked towards the door. I followed him quietly and as inconspicuously as possible. When we got to the living room, we saw a vase on the floor. ''Batsy, there's someone here and it's certainly not your butler!!!'' ''Take it easy Joker. If it's the Scarecrow, I'll protect you. Two of us will be stronger than him,'' Bats reassures me. We walked quietly through the apartment. We don't hear any noises or anything like that. He always looked carefully around corners before we entered. When we had gone through the whole house, we went back into the bedroom and there was no intruder here either. Batsy looked again in the bathroom opposite but there was no sign of anyone there either. Just this broken vase. I haven't been this scared for years. The last time I was this scared was with my father and his drunken friends. This fear was stopped when I took a knife and cut my father's carotid artery. His friends were scared right away even though I was much smaller and weaker than them. None of them survived the night. That was the day I started killing. ''There doesn't seem to be anyone here, Joker. At least not anymore.'' ''And what if he's just hiding somewhere very clever?'' ''Will you calm down if I let you sleep with me?'' ''Maybe.'' ''Then come here and lie with me.'' ''Thank you Batsy.'' ''The main thing is that I can go back to sleep without getting punched in the face again.'' I giggled briefly and snuggled up to him. I've never been this close to Batsy before! And without being pinned down on the floor and him on top of me. This meant I could fall asleep again quickly with my head on his chest.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry that nothing has come in the last few days. I got sick again and therefore could not write. I'm still slightly ill but you still have a very short chapter here. Hope you like it. Until the next chapter!

Words: 497