Scarecrow is back

pov: Batman

I go into the kitchen and find Alfred, who, to my surprise, is sitting at the table looking annoyed. ''Morning Alfred.'' I greet him. ''Master Wayne I warned you that it's not a good idea to keep the Joker here. This morning I was greeted with a broken vase in the living room. The Joker seems to have been snooping around in the night. And good morning,' he preached to me. I had to smile ''Why are you enjoying this?'' ''Alfred. The Joker hasn't done anything wrong. He woke me up in the middle of the night because he heard noises from downstairs. He was afraid the Scarecrow would break in, so we searched the whole house together, but found nothing. To calm him down even more, I let him sleep in the same bed as me.'' ''What if it really is Scarecrow and he's still here?'' ''You're right. Joker had better stay close to me.'' I quickly go up to my room. What I saw made my blood run cold. The Scarecrow is here and has cornered Joker and is threatening him. I saw the fear in Joker's eyes, which is rare. I crept forward quietly. Joker has long since noticed me, luckily Scarecrow hasn't yet. As I stood right behind him, I hit his skull with all my strength, causing him to lose consciousness immediately. ''Are you okay, Joker?'' He just nods and gets up from the floor. ''Where did he come from?'' ''From the bathroom next door. I only noticed him when he was standing right behind me.'' ''Don't worry. Now you're safe again. But he knows where you are now, so we'll put you somewhere else.'' ''And where would that be?'' ''First, I'll quickly take the Scarecrow somewhere else. In the meantime, you go to Alfred and stay with him until I get back, understand?'' ''Ok'' With that, Joker went downstairs to Alfred. Meanwhile, I took Scarecrow and took him far away.

1 hour later:

Scarecrow luckily didn't wake up and I was able to take him far away without any problems. I could have taken him to Arkham but they're closed at the moment and have been since Joker's last escape and a normal prison wouldn't hold Scarecrow for long. When I got back, they were both sitting on the couch watching the news. ''I'm back!'' They both turn to me and look at me. ''Good. I've made a bed for the Joker in the Batcave. He should be safest there at the moment.'' ''Thank you, Alfred. Would you prepare two more beds? I'll sleep with Joker and I'll ask Superman if he can stay here for a while. We have to make sure Joker is protected.'' ''As you wish.'' With that, Alfred went off to prepare the beds. Meanwhile, I wrote to Clark. Luckily for me, he answered quickly and said he would be there in 10 minutes. ''Joker. Superman will be here soon. I explained everything to him and even though he thinks you're a total freak, he'll help protect you.'' ''Okay,'' replies Joker. ''I don't think Scarecrow will find you in the Batcave. Still, I wonder how he did that. After all, I checked the bathroom and he wasn't there.'' ''He was probably hiding on the ceiling and guessed that you'd still be looking there. ''Yes, that could be.'' I should have thought of that, but in my defense, I was too tired to think about it properly. When Clark finally arrived, we went to the Batcave together. The beds had already been made up, which was good. ''Batman. When I flew to you, I saw something very interesting.'' ''And that would be?'' ''Poison Ivy together with Harley Quinn.'' ''But are they bringing Harley in as well?'' ''No. Harley would never work with the Scarecrow. She hates him as much as I do. A lot of criminals hate him in general. He's sneaky and never does what he says. What's more, if something goes wrong, he runs away and leaves you on your own,'' Joker answers. ''But then why would she talk to Harley?'' ''I don't know, but I think Harley will write to me soon.'' ''How? She doesn't know where you are.'' ''Via Whatsapp, of course, Bats.'' ''Oh, right.'' So I'll keep Joker busy while Clark is on his cell phone and probably on dating sites again. I hope Harley will really write Joker soon. Until then, it's just a matter of passing the time.

Wörter: 744