The blood analysis

pov: Batman

I woke up and looked around. The Joker is nowhere. How could I have been so stupid? I got up and ran into the bathroom. No sign of him. I walk through every room on the upper floor. He seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. I went downstairs and into the living room. No sign of him here either. I went into the kitchen next and then finally, the Joker was standing at the stove. ''Joker! What did we talk about yesterday?" I asked angrily. ''I was hungry and you were still sleeping like a bear. ''Then why didn't you wake me up?'' ''I tried, but you're sleeping like a bear in hibernation.'' ''You're lucky Alfred isn't awake yet. What are you making for breakfast?'' ''There was bacon and eggs in the fridge so I have fried eggs with bacon. Classic British breakfast.'' ''Ok, but shouldn't you have an empty stomach for the blood test?'' ''Aren't you going to do it late at night? The patients in the hospital would panic!'' ''Not if we're there.'' ''When is it scheduled?'' ''I was thinking 4 p.m.'' ''My stomach will be sober again by then.'' With that, he fetches a plate and cutlery. I stayed with him until he had finished eating. ''Now let's go back upstairs before Alfred sees you here." ''What's the big deal if he sees me?'' ''He hates you!'' ''Don't you or what?'' ''Of course I hate you too! All of Gotham hates you.'' ''Before I go upstairs, I'll clean up.'' With that, he turns to the sink and washes the dishes and the pan he used. ''Morning,'' came from Alfred. I hope he won't be so angry. ''Morning,'' Joker replies back. ''What's Joker doing in the kitchen?'' ''He was hungry so he went down to the kitchen and made himself breakfast,'' I explain. When Joker had finished, I grab him by the wrist and drag him upstairs. ''This time you stay here!'' ''It's okay, it's okay''

Five hours later:

Clark, Joker and I were on our way to the hospital. I was holding Joker by the right arm and Clark by the left. Joker wasn't very happy about it but it made it look safer for people. When we arrived at the hospital, both doctors and patients were visibly shocked to see us with the Joker. We ignored it and ran to the right compartment. Clark knocked and was invited in. We went in and the doctor was visibly shocked. ''Well, you did tell me about the situation, but you could have told me who it was about. ''Yes, we're sorry.'' ''He won't hurt you while we're here.'' ''All right then. Sit down, I'll get everything ready.'' We bring the Joker to the chair. (Idk what that's called xd). ''So. I'll take the blood and analyze it on the spot. In the meantime, you can tell me if you've had any side effects from the liquid.'' With that, she carefully approached him and took his left arm. ''I would take the other arm if I were you. You won't find a vein to draw blood from on the left.'' ''I'm the doctor here and I'm not going to be lectured to by a creepy murder clown." ''Whatever you say. Strangely enough, I haven't had any side effects so far. Either they did something wrong or Ivy sabotaged Scarecrow. Either way, it was planned that I would die. Scarecrow has wanted me out of the world for a long time,'' he explained to her. ''What the?'' The Joker took her wrist and removed the tip from her hand. You could see that she was scared. He took his right arm and drew his own blood. ''Doctors are always so self-confident about their intentions that they don't want it to be true when someone is right. I've told you that you won't find a vein suitable for it in the left one,'' he instructed her. He gave her the tip again and straightened his arms. She ignored the fact that a madman was lecturing her and started with the analysis.

An hour later:

''So. I've made some progress and found a few interesting things so far. They are harmless but can lead to hallucinations if overdosed. But what is also interesting is that according to the blood you are still quite young. According to the DNA, you are just 17 years old. That's very young for such a murderous man.'' ''I know. I started with my family when I was 7.'' ''Wait a minute, you're telling us that the Joker isn't even an adult?'' I ask. I may still be young at 20, but I'm still an adult. Joker shouldn't have been allowed into Arkham or The Jail because he's still a minor. ''According to the blood analysis, he's 17 years old. And what was in that fluid is dangerous, but I had blood work done and I have to say your immune system is pretty strong. That's probably why there are no side effects. But what I found there is deadly in an overdose. An overdose would be 4 syringes of this liquid.'' ''Thank you, that's all we need. We'll be in contact if you find anything else.'' I said goodbye to Clark and walked with the Joker to my place. When I got there, it smelled pretty delicious. Alfred is cooking again! I go into the kitchen followed by the Joker. ''Alfred, what's on the menu today?'' ''Rice with fried chicken and fried vegetables.'' ''Sounds delicious!'' ''I'm going upstairs to the Bedroom'' and with that he disappeared upstairs. Alfred puts the food on the table and sits down. ''Where is Joker?'' ''In the Bedroom.'' ''Isn't he hungry?'' ''Didn't you say you didn't cook for him?'' ''Yes, but so far I'm amazed that he hasn't done anything for now.'' ''I go to him and get him down.'' I got up and went upstairs to my bedroom. In my room he sat on his bed. ''Joker follow me into the Kitchen." He follows me without asking. I sit back down and the Joker sat next to me. ''I thought you didn't want to cook for me.'' ''I know what I say. Now take you plate and eat.'' ''Thank you'' he thanks Alfred and started to eat. After dinner we go up to sleep. Tomorrow is another Day.

I hope you enjoy the story until now. See you in the next Chapter have a nice Day!

Words: 1084