5 | ❝(Don't) Hang Up❞ - Hwiyoung

╔══════════════════╗
KIM YOUNGKYUN
✎ v. (don't) hang up
╚══════════════════╝

"Do I have something on my face?" You asked in a shy mumble, slightly ducking your head down to hide your face from the camera

"Do I have something on my face?" You asked in a shy mumble, slightly ducking your head down to hide your face from the camera. Maybe being away from Youngkyun for so long had made you more easily flustered.

He cleared his throat and shook his head with a slight smile, "No. No, you just look pretty."

The response was infinitely worse than the original conclusion, and you felt your face growing hotter. Then you heard a light chuckle.

"Why so shy? Am I not allowed to stare?"

You let out a breath, looking back up to your phone and the video call with your boyfriend. "It's just been a while. Not used to you being so attentive."

He hummed and then there was silence again. You went back to wiping off your makeup, and Youngkyun went back to his staring.

"I miss you." He said after a while, breaking the comfortable silence. The confession made you smile, and you looked back up to make eye contact with him.

"Me too." You yawned, becoming aware of the time. You had been on call with Youngkyun for almost 2 hours now. You hadn't talked much; you were cleaning and he was cooped up in his hotel room writing lyrics, but the silence and feeling of being with him after a while was enough to substitute for any lack of conversation.

"Are you getting enough sleep?" You asked, moving to the bed and tucking yourself under the covers.

"It's hard, but I try. For you. You'll scold me when I come back if I look sleep deprived." He chuckled, past months of your gentle scolding was enough for him to learn that he needed to take care of himself, otherwise you would make sure he did.

You sighed, "I don't want to hang up..."

"But you're tired." Your boyfriend completed your sentence. You hummed, shifting your head on the pillow to get comfortable. The bed, while extremely soft and inviting, always felt a little cold and empty without Youngkyun there to cuddle with.

"I miss you." You whispered, watching closely as his eyes met yours and a sad smile grew on his face. There were still several weeks until he would be back. Each day felt a little longer without his company.

"Me too. Close your eyes, I'll talk you to sleep." He offered. The sunlight streaming through the window into the hotel room contrasted the mood that he was trying to set, but you just focused on his face before following his instructions and letting your eyes fall shut.

He talked to you softly about anything and everything. Heartfelt things like how much you meant to him and his hopes and dreams for the future. He told you stories about the boys, and all the things he had seen on the tour. The words started to mesh together after a couple minutes, as your brain refused to separate and process each sentence. You dozed off quicker than you realized, unable to see the way your boyfriend smiled lovingly at your sleeping figure.

He knew that he had to hang up soon, but he lingered for a while, just staring, longingness to be curled up beside you floating around in his head. And when the ache of separation stopped feeling so burdensome, he allowed his finger to press the red 'end call' button.

The rest of the day was spent with small smiles that grew on his face subconsciously whenever his brain conjured up the image of you sleeping again. The boys teased him about it, but he didn't bother fighting it. No matter how many times they said he was nothing but a lovesick puppy, he held the embarrassment, because it was true, after all.

It was you, and he was yours, and you were his, and nothing in the world could make him happier.