6 | Sleeping With or Without Socks? Let's Discuss.

ARTICLE TITLE: Sleeping With or Without Socks? Let's Discuss.

DRAFTED TEXT: My friends make fun of me for sleeping with socks at night, saying it's weird. It's not my fault it's cold, right? It could also be sensory issues, or something. I don't know. All I know is that I'm warm and comfortable wearing my fuzzy socks at night. Why deliberately choose to let your feet freeze?

When Y/n entered the classroom that morning, she noted just how dark it was inside. Her eyes fell on Si Eun, who sat in his seat and studied, as usual. Why he was doing it in the dark was a mystery, but Y/n didn't dwell on it. Her eyes moved to the back of the class where, as expected, Soo Ho was once again sprawled on three tables, a small blanket only covering his chest.

Moving over to the back, Y/n spared Si Eun a glance as she passed him. She felt embarrassed now, knowing Si Eun was here. This was a bad idea, right? It was weird. But even with her zip-up, Y/n could feel the chill of the classroom and Soo Ho only wore a T-Shirt.

Maybe he just prefers sleeping cold. You'll ruin his sleep for nothing, Y/n. She pursed her lips. She looked back at Si Eun, who was minding his own business. Pursing her lips, she put her backpack on her desk and opened it, pulling out the blanket regardless.

It was a smaller blanket, one she usually takes on trips on her as it takes less space. She threw it over Soo Ho and watched as it slowly fell to cover him; not fully, though, as his feet remained uncovered due to his height. Her breath stopped as he moved, though his eyes didn't open. Y/n watched as one of his hands moved and latch onto the blanket, but he still didn't wake.

Okay, seems like he did need it. She turned around, relieved there was no awkward confrontation — except as she faced the front of the class, she noticed Si Eun facing her with his usual expressionless expression.

''Shit! Si Eun.'' Y/n placed a hand over her heart, startled. ''Don't just watch me like that, jeez.''

''Why did you do that?'' Si Eun asked.

Y/n tilted her head a little, trying to act oblivious. ''Do what?''

''The blanket.''

''Oh.'' Man, why're you prying now? ''I don't know. I thought he'd be cold, so I brought him one.''

It felt like Si Eun's eyes were boring in her soul. She awkwardly shuffled on her feet, waiting for him to say something, anything. Which he didn't; he simply turned back around and faced his work. Why interrogate me if you're not going to comment on it at all? Y/n sighed and sat on her desk, putting on her headphones again.

Soo Ho hadn't talked to her at all the whole day, not even about the blanket, and she wasn't sure if she was glad or annoyed regarding that. Still, she didn't approach him. What was she supposed to say? Oh, by the way, that's my blanket! Yeah, no.

She hadn't realized everyone had left the room. Her focus was solely on her notebook as she scribbled, trying to get some notes on the topic she wanted to talk about so she can write the actual text later when she went home. Her pen practically flew over the paper, ink staining it with each stroke.

''Y/n.''

She jumped, the last stroke of her 'a' flying through half the page. Her eyes widened as she watched her ruined page, some of her notes crossed out. Her mouth dropped open and she snapped her head back. ''The hell?''

Soo Ho stood there with his hands in his pants' pockets, smiling at her. ''Si Eun is treating us to lunch.''

Only then did Y/n notice Si Eun standing not too far back. ''I never said that.''