Chapter 2: Darkness

John found himself in a familiar bedroom. "Not this damn place again," he thought angrily. The room had plain white walls, a double bed and a large window overlooking a dark forest. John tried the archaic looking door. It was locked as usual.

With no possible exit in sight, John sat on the bed and waited for himself to wake up. After what felt like an hour of waiting, John heard a noise. He turned and saw the door to the room slowly creak open. "What the hell?" John muttered under his breath as he stood up and peered into the darkness.

A candle lit hallway revealed itself as flickering orange light licked the walls. John took two steps forward and stopped. This was the same hallway that was burned into John's memory for nearly his entire life. As he stood there in shock, John noticed a shape at the very edge of the darkness, almost completely out of sight.

The shape began advancing towards John, as it got closer it passed the first set of the candles which illuminated the signature garb of a nun. Just as John caught a glimpse of the nun, the candles were blown out, coating the figure in darkness once more.

John stood horrified as the nun continued forward in his direction. John ran back into the room and slammed the door shut as a second set of candles went out. Trapped, all John could think to do was push the bed in front of the door and pray, which was ironic given his current situation.

Halfway through his prayer, the bed flew into the wall and shattered. As splinters filled the air, the door flew open once again, but this time, with force as the nun entered the room...