Chapter 4: The Delivery

After waiting a few minutes to compose himself, John headed over to help the new delivery guy. He was not hard to find at all. A quick survey of the land showed a tipped over cart and a man trying to push it back over. On the ground lay about 5 sacks of supplies.

John stumbled over and asked the man if he needed help. The man turned, revealing a bearded, friendly face. "Yeah, I'd like that," the man said through gritted teeth.

John pushed his back up against the cart, and with their combined strength, they managed to tip the cart back over

John pushed his back up against the cart, and with their combined strength, they managed to tip the cart back over. The man turned to face John and extended his arm for a handshake. John shook it and introduced himself. The man responded, "The name's Maurice pleasure to meet you."

Their conversation continued, and John came to learn that Maurice was a self-proclaimed "world traveller" who hailed from France. He had been in several countries already, Romania being one of them. He apparently took small jobs whenever he stopped somewhere to save up money to visit his next destination.

John eventually realised that Mr Bennett would be on his ass if he didn't get back to work, so before leaving, he asked Maurice to meet him for a drink, he agreed too and they went their separate ways.