8:02

Thomas Chapelle awoke at a later time than expected that Wednesday morning. Needless to say it brought surprise when he looked up and the clock said "4". Thomas figured that meant it was 8:02: the Reduction Law applied even to clocks. Well, he had to get up at a time divisible by 5, Intellectual Union rules. Thomas himself liked waking up only on times divisible by 15. So 13 minutes left before he got up.

He had the oddest dream. Now what was it? Something about a light, a T shaped object, some wrecked sphere. Lots of white. It was March 31 today. Tomorrow would be April Fool's day, the most festive day of all in all Intellectual Union Centers. Today, the Progress Resistants were celebrating some ancient tradition, as the Swiss called it, "Oschtere".

What was I thinking about yesterday? Something bad, let's forget about it, it's a new day.​​ That reminded him of a song. One of the few that wasn't banned. Most music by Twenty One Pilots was considered artistic due to its complex, philosophical music. Of course, they made music many years ago. Didn't mean it was any less true, despite how much society has changed.

Thomas plays the song on his listening device. "I can feel my saturation, leaving me slowly". New day, time for a new start, "It's a good day". Yet, a new day also "shows what you have done, it shows where your mind has gone." Completely different tones from the same writer. Thomas chose to listen to the former for a reason.

"Now let's backtrack, back to this", another lyric from the same writer. Strange thing, how Thomas was thinking in song. Anyway, one of his earlier thoughts piqued his interest. Does truth change with society? Or, in another way, do societies define truth? Would only make sense, as otherwise would be to suggest that truth was developed in another way. Yet, societies do not create Scientific truth, Scientific truth exists outside of humans. It's there, we just put numbers and letters to it. So, then, truth existed since the beginning of matter. So, then, truth is directly related to Time, as truth could not have existed before time. Yet it can't be, there is truth about Time, but he just proved that truth is not variable with Time. Truth is truth, and that is truth, all the Time, every Time. So truth has a higher level of importance in our society than Time? Yet if this is true, that means something existed before time.

Thomas caught himself again. What was wrong with him? He looked up. It was 8:31. He now had to wait longer to get up. Sigh.

Such is the life of one Thomas Chappelle.