Many More Decisions

Shuu scanned the area around the castle. Everything seemed quiet still. He'd been gone for a few days, tracking prey and collecting his thoughts. He was inwardly fearful of possibly invoking Ai Lian's rejection even though his mark now marred her body with the rest of males. He probably should have had more self control rather than given into the heat craze like everyone else...

With his ears flattened on his wolf head, he slowly crept into the courtyard, sneaking his way towards the forge where he knew she'd most likely be, tinkering with her various metals and ores.

The forge was hot, but it felt good to be swinging a hammer again. The heat of the forge, the smell of the coal burning, the ringing of the hammer each time it struck hot metal. It felt incredible. She was not certain of exactly what she wanted made at the moment, but she had enough scrap and ore that needed to be smelted and molded into a billet before it could be of further use. So, she worked diligently.

By the time she had the raw metal turned into something she could use for later projects, sweat was pouring off of her like a waterfall. She paused, walking over to a barrel of cool water and splashing it on her face. She breathed out a sigh of relief, then let the fire go cold.

"Still need to make some designs before I continue any more metalworking."

Ai muttered to herself, making a mental note to plan out her next project.

Shuu took on his human form and dropped the cloth he'd been carrying in his mouth. He then wore it around his waist and approached Ai Lian wearily.

"Ai... can we speak?"

He asked nervously. She hadn't removed his spousal mark from her body, but that didn't mean she wouldn't.

Ai was a bit startled when the male stalked up to her, catching her off guard. She spun around, then relaxed as she saw it was him. She nodded at his request, folding her arms across her chest.

"Sure, I was wondering when you were going to come see me. Well, at least come see me while I am conscious enough to remember it."

Then she sighed, figuring that was a bit harsh given she remembered next to none of that night with any of her mates.

"So what would you like to talk about, Shuu?"

"I just... will I... will you I mean... will you be keeping me as your male?"

He asked softly, his wolf ears twitching on the top of his head and his sad blue eyes lowering to the ground. It was no secret that Ai Lian had the strongest family of males as her mates. Shuu just hoped he could be accepted fully by her and not be considered the accident or regret in her eyes.

The woman shook her head as she heard his words, her heart aching a bit at the sadness in Shuu's baby blues. She never thought about rejecting his mark. She stepped closer so the dark spousal mark on her arm was directly in view to him.

"Do you see your mark, it is still on my skin."

Ai paused for a moment, giving him a chance to look at it.

"I do not see any reason to be rid of it."

Ai lifted a hand and scratched behind his wolf ears.

"I just did not expect for our first mating to be one I could not recall."

Shuu leaned his head into her grasp, fighting with all his might to not kick the ground from the satisfying feeling it gave him to get ear scratches.

"Thank you Ai Lian... you won't regret it... I will be a loyal and honorable mate to you."

Shuu promised, wrapping her up in his strong warm arms.

The woman nodded with a pleased smile. Then she stepped closer, kissing him softly. Her lips pressed firmly against his as she draped her arms around his neck. After a long few moments, she stepped back, parting their lips.