⋘ 1 ⋙

cw: slight graphic depictions of violence, blood, gore, and death (not between any pairs or main characters)

⋘✧⋙

In this world full of wolves, there were always going to be complications as they grew more modernized, it's the inevitable of evolution. They went from villages to towns to cities. Then came the technology and everything along with it. Laws were put into place about what a wolf can and can't do. Rights were given to each sub-gender, favoring the alphas and omegas and ignoring the betas. But along with evolution comes researching genetics. And one thing changed drastically for the wolves of the world.

Instincts.

With so many people falling ill and medications changing from natural remedies to man-made treatments, their wolf sides started rejecting them. It started off with severe subdrops and subspaces. Their wolves would take over but their morals would still be there, keeping themselves in check. They're scientifically called primals. They're harmless, so scientists decided against announcing the drop in the health of wolves to the world.

Generations passed and being primal became more common. Though the newer generations could actually communicate during these drops and subspaces unlike previous generations as the scientific medication world grew stronger, successful, that doesn't mean the problem stopped.

Now it's more severe. The wolves reject their humanity completely and become mindless, feral creatures killing everything in sight with all-black eyes. They're called dull-eyed ones, or rogues. They've been happening more and more frequently, but after some shady scientists put out a disease called COVID-19, the world shattered from the lack of contact with others during quarantine. And with the added law of restrictions on wolf forms, making it completely illegal to shift, people went insane. Wolves were infected all around the world and became rogues from the limitations, killing everything in sight and eliciting the apocalypse.

Y/n never thought her day would end the way it did.

It started normal, waking up to the sound of her roommate blasting her annoying country music. She sits there contemplating the results if she got up and ripped her throat out but she decides against it and chooses to get up. Her roommate just apologizes when she feels Y/n glare and turns it down a smidge. Y/n ignores her, quickly gathering her things and leaving the dorms.

It's the beginning of Y/n's last year in college. She decided to stick it out and stick with the dorms again but she was starting to regret it now that she has the same rude roommate from all her previous years. She shoves her emotions aside and decides to push through.

As Y/n makes her way toward her first class of the day, her phone vibrates in her pocket and she pulls it out, smiling like a fool as she rushes to text back.

[Chris😍🤤]:

hi baby ❤️

[Y/n 💖]:

morning handsome 😚

[Chris😍🤤]:

whatcha doin?

[Y/n 💖]:

otw to class 🙃

hoping to do you later though 😉

[Chris😍🤤]:

oh really? 😏

in that case, i have a question 👀