#31

Haeri and Taehyun watched the other two run around the living room of Taehyun's house. And by house, she meant a mansion. His parents were living true luxury if they were living in a mansion. Eventhough the outside had reeked of grandeur, the inside was rather minimalistic and comfortable. He had driven her, Kai, and Joanna over to his place a few hours ago, and they should've finished preparing everything.

Key word: should've.

Kai decided to throw flour at Joanna and was now facing the consequences. Meanwhile, Haeri and Taehyun sat there on his sofa watching the scene unfold half-amused, yet half-exasperated. "ARE YOU TWO GOING TO SIT THERE AND NOT HELP ME?!"

"No thank you," Taehyun began scrolling through his phone, "I'm good here."

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT– " Joanna screeched, and leapt onto Kai's back, sending the two to fall onto the floor in front of Haeri. She had been laughing so hard that she fell off the sofa and onto the floor, holding herself on her arms. 

What she didn't notice was how the two were staring at each other, dazed and flushed. Not until the living room door had slammed open, and the others streamed out, bags full of whatever it was that Taehyun had made them buy. She managed to collect herself so that she was able to seat herself back onto the sofa, ignoring Beomgyu who had flung himself onto the sofa beside her, his head on her shoulder.

Joanna and Kai had immediately broken out of their daydream when the door had opened, and looked in opposite directions, their cheeks tinted with embarrassment. Taehyun had helped take the bags into the kitchen, Soobin and Minjae following him to sort some of the purchased items away.

Yeonjun and Sunhee were holding onto each other, both of them shivering from the winter cold; Ruth sat beside her, scrolling through her phone, and determinedly avoiding Beomgyu's stares. Haeri felt like she was in the middle of a battlefield, with the both of them still not talking.

Beomgyu sighed, nuzzling himself into Haeri's shoulder. She ran a hand through his dark hair, feeling her warm fingers chill. "How have things been?"

"Terrible." He replied, his voice muffled from her thick cardigan. She could hear the dejectedness in his voice, and she held his hand. "It was so awkward the whole ride. I don't know what's worse really." 

"You both just need time." She put her head on his. The two sat there comfortably before Minjae clapped her hands, alerting everyone and making Sunhee jump slightly.

"Time for the annual sleepover, except this one's a bit later than usual!" Everyone cheered.

"So what's the schedule for today?" Kai gave Taehyun a teasing smile. "What does the host say?" He added, and Taehyun rolled his eyes.

"Not much really. It would've been easier if we had this on Christmas Eve, because we always did gift-exchanging, but it's only New Year's Eve. I was thinking we have a movie marathon or whatever you guys want, have snacks, play the usual card games and wait until the countdown." He looked at the others inquiringly. "Any questions?"