3| Shes gone

"Kie where's mom?," I ask coming downstairs

"I have no clue. I was looking for her and I can't find her either," he reply's running a hand through his sweaty hair. He must have just come from the gym because he looks like shit. "Let's go to the kitchen. I need a drink," Kie says leading us towards the kitchen.

It wasn't like mom to leave and not tell us. I haven't seen her all day. I've been up in my room all day putting things in a bag. I have pictures, jewelry, and sentimental stuff all packed away. My "father" always did checks on my room, but I had that stuff hidden. But tonight we would be free.

Tonight we're planning on leaving for good. My "father" is nothing but horrible. Ever since I was 7 I've been his biggest enemy. That one night I stood up for myself was like a switch turned on in his head. I was his biggest enemy.

The front door slams and we both jump. "Kie get your sister and get in here now!," our 'father' yells from the living room. Oh yeah. Since that day my 'father' has refused to say my name.

Kie grabs my hand and we walk towards the living room. "Father" had our mother by her hair while Caleb held a gun to her head. She didn't look up at us she just kept her eyes down.

It broke my heart seeing the women who fought everyday to make our lives better look to be in so much pain. Her lip was busted and her nose looked broken. From what we could see her body was littered in cuts and bruises. If he let go of her hair I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been able to keep herself up.

But what really broke me were her eyes. Her hazel eyes were bloodshot and surrounded by big purple bruises. Her eyes always were bright. She had a gold color in them that always shined. But today. Today was the first time in my life there was no sparkle. Her eyes were dim.

She had given up.

"Let her go!," Kie said shocked as we stared at our mother.

"We heard about your little plan," Caleb said laughing, "Pathetic really."

"Please don't hurt her," I whisper trying not to cry.

"What have I taught you. Use your damn voice!," dad barks out glaring at me.

"Please don't hurt her" I say louder

"Oh trust me this will be the least painful thing we have done," dad reply's chuckling. "Hand me the gun," dad says.

"She raised you Caleb. Your fucking mom left you to die and she took you in. You're a worthless human if you let this happen," Kie yells. Caleb hesitates but hands the gun to dad. Before I can try anything dad pulls the trigger.

I scream as I watch mom's body collapse. Her body hit the ground and she seemed so relaxed?

"That will teach you not to mess with me," dad says dropping the gun. He turns to mom kicking her body before exiting.