Chapter 4

Hello y'all!

I've been working on this chapter ever since Chapter 3 has been published. Been working really really hard, and I'm busy with assignments and stuff in real life :(

And this chapter is special because there's going to be both Augustine and James' POVs, so it's going to get interesting. And *SPOILER ALERT* Augustine's Zodiac is based on mine, and all the Zodiac talk is making me feel dizzy.

Anyways, enjoy!

******

James' POV:

How was he supposed to explain the whole thing to Augustine about Liliana? He knew Augustine was always sensitive about love and romance and he could tell she definitely had a crush on him...but he partially grew up with Liliana. Liliana wasn't the kind of girl who was interested in romance, but she definitely liked James. They worked as one when they fought.

But James didn't want to disappoint Augustine. He still had so much to explain. He took Augustine's hand (and she blushed) and led her to the back of his shed.

There was a metallic door made out of, well, metal, and it creaked as James pulled it open. Inside, there were rows of shelves bolted to the walls, weapons neatly arranged on the boards.

There were small labels pinned on the shelves. On one side, there were swords of all kinds. Gladiuses (Roman swords) lined the walls. Xiphoses (Greek blades) were sheathed and hang from hooks. Egyptian khopeshes (curved, wicked blades) were placed on the shelves.

"Wow," Augustine exclaimed as she gingerly lifted a bow.

"It's not for you," James decided finally. "You're better at close quarters combat. That's what a female Alph - er, forget I said anything."

"Wait," she said. "You mentioned "female alpha". The voice in my dream also did. Is this connected...to, to me, somehow?"

James sighed and shook his head. "Aug, one day you will understand. But now is not the time. I must choose my words wisely."

She sighed and put down the bow. "If you say so," she said.

Augustine's POV:

Until then, Augustine's morning had been great.

Karina turns into a monster and attacks. Check.

James lives in a small, shabby shed. Check.

And that wasn't even the creepy part. What student had an armory in his house?

She knew once the words "female Alpha" left James' mouth, it was the essential part and connected her fate and destiny with James. And he knew that. He wasn't telling her the whole story. But she had to focus and find a...a protection for her.

James was shuffling through a jumble of daggers.

"Do you want swords, rifles, bows, shields, spears, or daggers, Augustine? I prefer spears and swords myself," he said as he sheathed a sword and hooked it on his belt. Those piercing blue eyes reminded her of...a wolf. A predator. Suddenly they didn't look so reassuring.

"I'll...I'll check them out," she muttered. She took a dagger but it didn't feel right. James tried to fix her with swords and spears but they felt balanced wrongly in her hands. Even the bows, her preferred sport, didn't work as well.

Then suddenly she spot two twin rifles slung across a shelf. They were dusty. She frowned and tried them on. They slipped perfectly into her grip. Blue energy blazed from the tips.