Chapter 5

Hey guys~ Daria here.

Immediately I wanted to update this chapter even with me being stressed and busy. With that said, let's get started! Y'all should enjoy this~

******

Augustine's POV:

Her body was made of air; her limbs constructed out of mist. All she could see was whiteness...and whiteness.

Then her scene changed. She was standing in front of those Texas-like casinos, neon light enlightening up the torn place. A girl stood back to her, whose long brown hair flapped in the wind. She wore clothes of a hunter...and was that twin golden scythes sheathed on her belt? Surely Augustine wasn't seeing clearly.

"The stupid deadline...that stupid Chief Halon...what was he thinking? James? He, too, was foolish. He left me in dust!"

Her scene changed once again. This time, a dark-robed woman stood with her arms stretched, taunting her to come forward.

"My valuable little pawn," she crooned, "Come forward, if you dare. Soon it will lead to your destruction. That idiot Alpha should not have taken on the task. He has no potential. But you, my dear, will soon be a prey of my sweet little wolves. Please do enjoy the...gifts I've sent you. It was foolish to decide to meet Liliana. She will soon lead to your death...even if she chooses to help. She has a young and arrogant mind, my dear. You will see soon. You will see that all I'm saying is the truth."

"Shut up!" Augustine cried. "You are not going to tamper with my life again! Never!"

The woman laughed and released her spirit as it floated back into her body.

"You will see soon, my dear, that I am correct. Beckett and Caddel is not to trust. "

Augustine woke up with a gasp. She appeared to be on the comfy chair that she had sat on before, but something was different. Twin rifles were placed on the wooden desk in front of her, and the cutglass blade, Mira, was sheathed in a simple leather pouch. Nearby, James was cooking something over the fire. It smelled of steaming vegetables and meat.

"You're awake? That's usually a good sign. Have some stew, Aug. I'll be in the plane."

"The plane?"

He didn't say anything else as he poured some stew into a bowl. He handed over the bowl and shouldered two large packs.

"I'll be waiting. You need the strength."

Augustine cupped the bowl and sipped the hot soup. James wiped his hands on a cloth and exited the house.

The soup was nothing like soup. It tasted of her favorite dish her grandmother used to make. It soothed her throat as she gulped it down, large tears streaming off her face.

"James..."

But she didn't have time to be sad. She hooked the cutglass on her belt and handled the rifles uneasily. She'd never used a dangerous weapon like this before. She threw on her jacket and hurried outside, taking one last look at the comfy shed, before running into the Armory again and attaching an extra dagger to her belt. She sighed and took another sip of the stew.

"Goodbye, Armory. Goodbye, shed. I'm off."

Then Augustine exited the shed.

Outside, a high-tech looking plane floated a few feet off the door. Its neon lights glowed violet, and the form shimmered, as if it was to disintegrate any moment. Suddenly, a metallic ladder dangled down.

"C'mon, Aug!"

She grabbed the ladder and scrambled up, careful not to bruise her knees.

Inside, the plane looked just as cool. Lights ran across the floor. Two pilot's chairs were bolted to the floor in front of a large window. James sat in one of the chairs, buckling his seat belt.