𝟬𝟯. the ship crashed

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

——
𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 : THE SHIP CRASHED
𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗢𝗙 SEASON ONE
——

——𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 : THE SHIP CRASHED𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗢𝗙 SEASON ONE——

——

𝗦𝗔𝗠 sat on her balcony writing in her journal before hearing someone call her name from on the ground making her out her book down and walk to the ledge to see max standing down there before he asked her to come downstairs.

she walked downstairs and unlocked the cafe door to let him in "what are you doing there?" she asks "i have to talk to you" he said, she nodded letting him continue with his talking " i can't imagine how you must feel right now, i mean i've thought about telling you a thousand times" he said looking at her.

"really? why me?" sam said looking at him, he smiled not answering her "what?" "sorry i just uh, i just keep picturing you in that dress with the uh, the cupcakes on it" max said. sam looked down "oh my god. i can't believe i wore it, i hated that dress, i wore it in kindergarten but... we didn't meet until the third grade. how did you know about it? can you read my mind?" she said walking back a little making him walk closer to her.

max laughed "no i-i don't read minds when i healed you, i made this, this, i don't know, this connected. and i got this rush of images... an image of that dress flashed into my mind, and, i knew how you felt about it" "and how did i feel?" sam asked tilting her head to look up at him.

"it was the single supreme embarrassment of your life. but your mom made it for you and liz to match, she was so proud of it. she'd never made a dress before so you wore it for her sake but you were glad she also made one for liz too" sam looked at him in shock "wow"

"i've never tried this before but maybe i can make the connection go the other way so you can see, you know that, that i'm still me" max suggested "how?" sam asked "i have to touch you. is that okay?" max asked her, sam nodded and he stepped closer to her.

"now just take a deep breath and try to let your mind blank out" he said, she did as she was told and began to see flashes of max and isabel walking down a road with a truck behind them and their adoptive parents finding them, of max on his first day of third grade with isabel and he saw sam with her friends and liz. of max walking the halls of high school, staring at sam as she laughed with maria and liz. of sam looking at him as they met eyes and max bumped into some kid.

all sam could feel was everything that he was feeling, she could feel his loneliness and for the first time she was really seeing max evans, she saw herself as he saw her and the amazing thing was in his eyes, she was beautiful.