Paris Baby

Noah woke up before Charlie and I this morning and even he wasn't up before Haylee and Daniel had already eaten breakfast. Charlie is still asleep when Noah and I head through to the kitchen to see his non-blood aunt and uncle.

"Morning," Haylee says in a cheerful tone, holding her hands out for Noah to crawl into her arms, "someone's got bed head," she says as she lifts him into her lap.

"Yeah we didn't get sorted out did we mate?" I say taking the seat next to Haylee and two pancakes from the stack, one for me and one for Noah. I cut one into small easy pieces to eat and smother the other in chocolate sauce.

"Does he not get any chocolate sauce?" Daniel asks as Noah shoves a piece into his mouth.

"He can't ask for it, he doesn't get it?" I laugh, taking a bite of mine.

"Well I think uncle Daniel should fix that," he smiles and starts talking to Noah, "do you want chocolate sauce buddy?" Noah's little eyes light up and he nods.

"Choc choc?" He asks, turning his head to me for validation.

"Yeah go on then let's see how he likes it," I say and Daniel puts a dollop onto his plate. He takes a bite of it, getting it everywhere might i add. And oh my. His face was a picture. We all burst out laughing as he went in for more.

"See Nick! I told you he'd love it!" Daniel laughs, sitting proud in his chair at what he has accomplished.

"I didn't doubt he would!" I laugh also. Then Charlie peers round the corner, standing behind me and dropping his hands over my shoulders.

"Morning everyone!" He says cheerfully, sounding well rested.

"Morning sleeping beauty," I say looking over my shoulder at him and he smiles an annoyed little smile that I love and rolling his eyes.

"We just gave Noah chocolate sauce on his pancakes for the first time!" Haylee says, proud of her husbands actions.

"Did he like it?" We laugh at his statement.

"Of course he liked it! He's our child Charlie!" I say.

After Charlie has eaten, we decide that it is a good idea to get ready and head out for a bit, showing Noah some of the sights before we all get too busy to do anything but something rugby related. We decide to first go to the Louvre, as my dad lives relatively close.

We take the train to the Louvre and walk around for a bit, seeing everything Charlie and I saw on the school trip. Like every step I took I relived that day.

"Omg this is where I fainted in year 10!" Charlie laughs, remembering our school trip too.

"Yeah, and I saved you like the amazing boyfriend I was," I laugh, placing my hand on my chest, trying to act really sympathetic but it didn't really work. Charlie pulls a face as if to say, 'meh, I guess you were ok' and shrugs.

"You hear that Noah, your dads are an incredibly unbearable couple, and always have been!" Daniel says sarcastically and laughing.

"Oh shut up!" Charlie laughs. I hold my hands out to him and take the push chair from him so I had Noah.

"Where to now then?" Haylee asks.

"Mona Lisa?" I suggest and they all nod, so we proceed to show my baby one of the most famous pieces of art that he will never remember seeing and doesn't even care about, but it's a bit of fun anyway.

At 1 o'clock, we stop at the cafe for some lunch, which goes down a treat. We had the typical day out conversation of 'what was your favorite' and all that kind of stuff. I genuinely forgot how much lunch was at the louvre but it was really expensive. At least the food tasted good.