I dont know

Zoe's pov
I drop my folder on the table and sit down beside Becky on the bench.
"Morning!" I yawn.
"Dayum! You got a vacuum for a yawn hunnie! Make sure you don't suck up my homework." She holds her papers to her chest in a protective gesture.
I feel so sleepy!
I take a bag of trail mix out of my purse and open it. "Want some?" I ask Kelsy, who has just arrived on the scene.
"What kind of question is that? Durrr!" She has a handful.
"Zoe.. Jordan wants to talk to you." It's Louis. I roll my eyes, knowing perfectly well that he is lying. "Just go away would you?" I ask.
"How about... No." He says, but he is already leaving.
I was actually having a good time, and he had to come ruin it. For once, I was thinking about something besides Jordan, and he brought it all back again.
"So..." Ariseli says, sitting down beside me.
* flashback *
"So..." Jordan says, looking down at my face.
"Yeah?" I ask, smiling... for no damn reason.
"I don't know. I can't say so?" He grins. So cute..
"No, you can't." I reply and pinch his cheek. "It's a crime."
"Then arrest me, beautiful." He leans down and kisses me softly on my forehead.
* end of flashback *
I can't help but smile thinking about it. I don't know why I remember that so much. He used to text me and say so... All the time. Just to tease me. It was our little game.
I miss it.
"Pass me my biology book please." Ronesha brings me back to reality.
Everyone laughs. "What?" I ask, confused.
"You were in your own damn world babe." Becky taps my forehead. "Ron has asked you to pass that book like three times."
More laughs. I sigh and pass the book.
The first buzzer goes off and we make our way to class.
*~*~*~*~*
"Okay! Everyone for the pantomime, meet me in the cafe in ten minutes." Ms. Linda sticks her head inside our class and tells us. We nod, glad for a reason to skip Spanish.
Francine leaves to get Delia, Kayla, and Kyla.
A few minutes later, we are all seated together under the cafe.
"Now... I know we all had time to look over our parts, so please, show me what we are working with." Ms. Linda says.
Everyone gets into their position and it begins. Francine, the main character, is afraid to hold Everaldo's hand in front of people.
"Francine!" I say, frustrated. "Do it better than that man! Put some life into it!"
"I'd like to see you do better." She mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.
That's it. I stand up and take her place next to Everaldo. I hold his hand, and hug him. I do all the things Francine is supposed to do.
I turn around and smirk. "Happy?"
"Yeah." She says, a smile spreading across her face. "I think we all agree that you are perfect for the role."
Wait what?! That is not what I wanted to happen. I was trying to show her how to do it.
I try to say something. Anything. Just to get myself out of this!
"But-"
"She's right! You are perfect for the role! Just work on it a bit, and we have a star in the making." Ms. Linda clasps her hands together excitedly. Ugh.
We run through everything a few times. Everaldo decides that he can't do it, so Francine takes up his part.
When she hits me, I fall down and hit the cement really hard. It doesn't hurt, but it makes a really loud bang, and everyone stops mid act.
"Continue! I'm fine!" I say.
They carry on uncertainly.
We aren't perfect, but we are getting there.
"Okay, you can go back to class. But I want you in here during the last session today, for you to practice. I won't be here, but you are old enough to do this on your own." Ms. Linda says.
We give our yeah, and then head back to class.
Our biology teacher, Mr. Carl, is writing stuff on the chalk board.
We quietly shuffle into our seats, and begin class.
*~*~*~*~*
"Ronesha! Please grab me a vanilla yogurt and a granola bar?" I ask, when I see her headed off to get something to eat. She nods.
Kelsy sits down beside me, and begins placing various snacks on the table.
A bottle of water Mellon juice, a bag of Doritos, peanut candy, a rice crispie, a pack of gum and a burger.
"Dayum you can eat!" I laugh.
I move over to make room for Ronesha, who has my snacks.
At that moment, Jordan passes our class. Kelsy picks up a bottle cover and throws it at him. It hits him in the back of the head. He turns around and her hand is still in the air, so she pretends to be waving her cousin Robert.
"Rob! Pull up a chair!" she waves him over. Jordan turns around, with no clue who hit him. Ronesha throws another one. It hits him in the shoulder.
He glances behind him, but has no idea who did it. He just speeds up, and rounds the next corner.
Ronesha giggles, and Kelsy bursts into laughter.
I can't help but smile.
Ariseli, who is sitting across from me, has her head down, and isn't talking.
"You okay?" I ask, patting her hand.
"No." She doesn't look up. "Becky and Francine are just... I don't know."
She sighs. "They won't believe that nothing is going on between me and Cameron. I keep telling them, but they won't listen."
"Seli," I say "don't worry about it. They will come around sooner or later. And even if they don't, you don't need them. You have us. We are always here."
She smiles meekly. "I don't want to fall out with them. I don't know why the hell they believe Jon over me! Jon? Of all people? He is such a pathological liar."
I know how she feels.
"But it doesn't make sense you keep trying to tell them that. If they can't believe you, just drop it. I know you and Becky have been friends for a long time and you don't want to lose that friendship, but if your friendship mattered to her, she would believe you instead of Jon. And you know Francine is putting stuff in her head. She hasn't liked you since day one. She wants Becky all to herself. But there is nothing we can do about that. She is enjoying having you run behind them. Don't give her the pleasure. Leave them be. If they want to talk to you, let them come to you. Don't chase them. Sooner or later Becky will see the truth and understand you, but until then, it doesn't make sense you run up and down and repeat the same thing over and over if they won't believe you. Just remember that Kelsy, Ronesha and I are here for you, through thick and thin." I say matter of factly.
"Well that's true, but I guess that's just life. I don't give what people say." Ariseli replies.
"Exactly! And if missy wants Becky all to herself, let her. There are many fish in the sea." Kelsy agreed. "They be falling like a rainstorm, we ain't runnin out! Falling like a rainstorm, we ain't running out! Always rainin friends girl, what you worrying bout?"
She sings the last part to the tune of raining men- Nicki Minaj and Rihanna.
"Well thanks," Ariseli sighs "but imma tell you the same thing my sister told me, the people who are talking need a life. I am not worrying about them."
"Don't let them worry you. It's not like they are your only friends." Kelsy says
"Well, I'm not gonna hold anything against them. If they believe, let them believe, cuz I know what really happened. And that ain't it!" Ariseli bangs the table with her fist.
"Yeah." I agree. "I'm just saying, if they don't believe you, leave them be. There is no point in saying stuff over and over if they won't believe you."
"True." Ariseli nods. "But that's just life. I still love them no matter what! You guys are like my sisters that I wish I had by blood."
"Aww that's sweet hun. I wish that too." I smile.
Ariseli picks up her empty juice bottle, and chips bag and leaves. "I gotta run."
I nod as she leaves.
Kelsy turns to me and sighs.
"She is running around like a chicken without a head. There is no point in trying with her, she is lost. She will follow them off a cliff if she has to." She says frustratedly.
I know how Kelsy feels. No matter what I try to do, Ariseli will always follow them. There is no point in trying.
"I give up. I have tried so hard to get her to open her eyes, but even if she does, she is still blind." I feel almost mad. But mostly just disappointed.
*~*~*~*~*
We meet in the cafe during the last session. Because no teacher is there, everyone finds their friends and conversation begins. Everyone is gossiping and laughing.
"Are we going to practice or not?" I ask, annoyed.
Francine answers. "Well I dunno but I'm not doing the boy anymore."
"What do you mean you aren't doing the boy anymore?" I feel mad.
"I don't want to do it. It's too much for me. I don't want to be a boy." She answers in a tone that says duh!
"You know what! I'm done!" I turn around and go back to class.
I sit at my desk and fume. They are really pissing me off!
Kelsy and Ronesha come into class and sit next to me.
"You okay Zoe?" Ronesha asks
"No. I feel pissed! We have two days left to get our pantomime together, and they are acting like its a damn joke. The only way I will do it, is if Francine does the boy. I am not starting over." I answer, anger in every word.
"Okay, we will talk to her." Kelsy assures me.
I put my head down, and wait for them to return.
A few minutes before the session ends, they reappear.
"She says she will do it." They inform me.
I nod, and the buzzer rings. I grab my bag, and the three of us leave. We stand in front of the computer lab, and wait for the gate to open and the buses to leave.
The buses pull up in front of us, but I don't move.
I can't. Jordan is standing across the road, looking directly at me. I catch his eye, but his gaze doesn't flinch. He smiles a little and I smile back. His smile spreads, and so does mine. Now he is grinning. I want to laugh at how ridiculous I am, but then a bus parks between us, and cuts off my view of heaven.
I can still see him in my mind though. Tall and muscular. Tan. Soft golden brown hair. Dimples, and a perfect smile. I miss him.. So much!
I want to run my fingers through his hair, and tell him I love him.
I get a feeling of major regret.
I sigh and get into my bus. I don't know what to do anymore. I just don't know.