Oh happy day

**

Zac tossed his room key on the dresser under the television as he made his way inside. The adjoining door to Fatima's room was still open and Lauren came through the door to his side as he heard him enter. "Imma head downstairs for a min. Y'all need to talk." Lauren said smiling like a kid in a candy store. "T. I'm out." She called behind her as she reached for the door handle.

Zac took a deep breath and made his way to Fatima's side.

"Hey, you good?" He asked nervously.

Fatima smiled at the question. "No. I'm not." Fatima sat on the corner edge of her bed while Zac leaned on the dresser across from her.

Zac studied the woman before him waiting for her to talk. His loud, goofy, thug-life best friend was sitting across from him unrecognizable and small. He'd always had a hard time understanding women. How could she be smiling at him but telling him she was not ok? "Fatima. I'm sorry. I thought we were on the same page. I messed up. We can go back to the way things were. I don't want this to come between us." He answered feeling dejected.

"Now you know as well as I do that there's no going back." She responded.

"No. We can't. But I promise not to put you in that situation again." Zac trying to ease her mind. "What did Lauren say?" He asked knowing how unpredictable Lauren could be.

Fatima stood in front of the bed and walked over to the dresser where he was leaning. She stood beside him copying his pose. "Yea, I'm not repeating that. Just know, she's on your side."

They both laughed lightly and sat again in silence for a moment.

"Ok, Fatima. Tell me what the plan is."

"Let's go slow." She said shocking him. He stood tall keeping his composure, trying to hide his excitement.

"Like this?" He picked up her hand and kissed the back of it making her blush.

"Yea. That's cool." She smiled at him. "Oh. Quick question. That girl you was talking about taking inventory of.."

"Yea?"

"Forget she exists. I don't compete."

"What if I don't want to forget about her?"

She didn't answer him. Just stared at him blankly

"Oh God relax! I was talking about you." he hated when she did that. It was scary as hell for him.

"Stay safe Zachary." She rolled her eyes at him. "let's get ready. I already don't wanna go anymore."

"why not?"

"This bandage don't quite go with my outfits."

"We here for the outfits or the memories?"

"the right outfit will make for great memories. But fine."

**

The trio had the best time at the concert. They danced and sang for hours until Fatima's hand began throbbing. She felt bad for ending the night early for them but they adjusted. Once they got back to the room, everyone changed into pajamas, and they played cards, ate wings and Lauren listened as Zac and Fatima filled her in on the cruise.

"This bitch is high as a kite." Lauren said laughing at Fatima. "I told her ass not to take the entire pill. Them doctors be tryna get black people addicted" Lauren was laughing at Fatima who could not keep her eyes open. "Can you please put her ass in the bed." Lauren asked still laughing. Fatima made it about 30 minutes before the pill effects took hold of her. "I told her to just take the motrin."