03. Camp Half-Blood

"And how was your morning, Alena?"

Chiron called out as he fell in step with Percy, his hooves clacking on the ground.

"Good? Weird? Confusing?" The girl looked at Chiron as she frowned. "I don't know."

"Uhm.. you just came out of the water.."

"Yes, I did, Percy."

"But you're dry."

"Yes, I am."

"I think this is the part where you start explaining why."

Alena stared at the boy, her eyebrows raised.

"Oh, you'll know soon enough, kid."

Percy watched as the girl walked off towards where some kids were fighting.

"Who's that?"

"Alena Hartwell. Like she said you'll know soon enough about her." Chiron's hooves clacked as he turned around. "Now come, Percy, let me show you the Camp."

-

Alena walked towards where Luke was arguing with Clarisse.

"Oh maybe if you just let me teach him-"

"I'm the best swordsman on Camp-"

"He's my brother-"

Argus Collins, another Ares kid stood next to them awkwardly, as the kids watched them have a go at each other.

"Okayyy, how about none of you teach him?" Alena stood in between Clarisse and Luke, her back facing towards Luke, as she smiled at Clarisse. "Come on, Riss. Be nice." Alena shrugged as Clarisse sighed and walked away from the duo, Argus following.

"I had it."

She turned around to the Hermes boy who looked down at her.

"I know." She smiled as Luke looked away from her, a smile evident on his face. Luke and Alena had liked each other since the first time they saw each other, on Alena's first quest. Thalia, on the other hand, wasnt exactly a big fan of her.

"But as the counsellor of Hermes cabin, you should be there greeting the new kid."

"Another kid in Cabin 11? Are you kidding?" Lena let out a hearty laugh as they walked towards the Hermes Cabin. "No I mean it, can't they just put some in the first three cabins? I mean they are empty and we are kinda full booked."

"Aren't you supposed to be welcoming to all the new kids?" Alena looked at the boy next to her.

"Come on, we barely have space anymore." Luke smiled at her mischievously before speaking again. "I mean with you there as well we are kinda overcrowded."

Alena fake-gasped as Luke looked at her stoically, trying not to break out in laughter.

"Are you telling me I should return to my own cabin, Mr. Castellan?"

Luke laughed at the look on her face as they finally entered the Hermes Cabin. They headed over to Chris Rodriguez who in conversation with a few other kids.

"Hey guys."

Chris turned around and did his bro handshake with Luke before greeting the both of them.

"Did you hear about the new kid?" One of Luke's brothers asked. "He killed a fucking minotaur, man."

"Not just any minotaur. The minotaur." Chris corrected him as everyone nodded.

"I have a question though." He looked at Luke and Alena. "What happens when it actually dies?"

"Well, the legend says that piece by piece, cell by cell they regenerate. The bigger the wound is or the bigger the being is the longer it takes."