02. Percy Jackson

The 18-year-old girl ran through the rain and mud towards the outside of the camp. She crossed Thalia's tree and saw it. The boy on top of the minotaur, broke his own horn and pierced its head.

She gasped as the boy fell towards the ground when the minotaur turned to dust. When she reached the boy, he had already lost consciousness. She turned towards the satyr who was sitting near the broken tree, injured.

"Oh, Grover."

On hearing her call out for him, Grover opened her eyes and looked at the brunette. Even if it was raining very heavily, not a single water drop touched her.

"Lena?"

"Hey, man." She kneeled next to him as she checked his injuries. "You're gonna be fine."

"Percy?"

"I think it was a little too much for him. But he's okay." The girl sat quietly next to him as he breathed heavily. "Sally?"

"I- I-" Grover started shaking his head. "The minotaur- But it was so different-"

"Grover. Breathe. What do you mean 'different'?"

"She turned into gold dust. I haven't seen the minotaur kill anyone but I don't think that happens."

The girl furrowed her eyebrows as her brain ran at miles per second.

"Come on. Let's get you and Percy to camp first."

She carried Grover towards camp, supporting him with one arm as they headed towards the infirmary.

"Ambrosia and nectar are on the table. Lay down. I'll go get Percy."

She ran out of the infirmary as Grover made himself comfortable on the bed chewing on a block of ambrosia. She headed over to Chiron's cabin and knocked on the door. A few seconds later Chiron came out in his wheelchair.

"Are they here?"

"Yes. Can you get somebody in the infirmary? Grover's a little bit banged up. I'll go get Percy."

She followed her previous footsteps as she headed out of camp again. She looked at the blonde kid and a fond smile appeared on her face. The last time she saw him, he was 3 years old. She picked him up in her arms bridal style (and almost fell) and carried him towards the infirmary again. When she reached there, a group of Apollo kids in their night dresses tended to Grover's leg.

"Let him sleep." She turned to the Apollo kids who turned around to tend to Percy and then turned to Grover, "Grover, get him ambrosia and nectar when he wakes up, and thanks, guys." She looked at the Apollo kids who nodded and left for their cabin.

"Get some rest. I'll see you in the morning."

She headed towards the Hermes cabin after saying goodnight to Grover and the Apollo kids.

On entering the cabin, she looked around to see everyone up and waiting for her to tell them what had happened.

"What happened? Is he okay?"

Luke came up front as he embraced the girl in his arms.

"He's okay. Just unconscious."

"Good."

They looked at everyone in the cabin.

"Come on everyone, go back to sleep."

Alena liked staying in the Hermes cabin. Her cabin was... lonely. She was the only Poseidon kid, well not anymore. She had met Sally Jackson and been there when Percy Jackson was born.

-

"Dad, where are we going?" Little Alena asked her father as they waited on the beach in Montauk. A car stopped in front of them.