6. Shaggy Ted -Part One:

(TW: OOC, swearing, Sad Ted, eating disorder, Depressed Ted?)

It wasn't often Ted would be caught dead dropping his sleazeball, playboy persona, but there were two things Ted loved more than stability and predictable, those two things being sleeping with other men's wives and his little brother Pete Spankoffski, his nerdy baby brother the hot chocolate enthusiast.

When Ted first finds out that his parents are having another child he is shocked not only because of the age gap and his parents failing marriage but also because they remembered to tell him.

Peter was almost two when Ted finally met him.

Ted spent the entire time worrying that he'd somehow accidentally break Pete,

To no surprise to Ted, he became Pete's primary babysitter within the week.

Throughout Pete's childhood, Ted was his main parental figure.

Ted was the one that Peter called when he forgot a textbook at home,

Ted was the one that Peter called when he couldn't stay the whole night at Richie's his first time trying, Ted was who Pete called when he needed home.

Following his return from university Ted lived with his parents and brother,

Pete was thirteen at the time and he was ecstatic, despite remaining sarcastic and a little moody towards the elder brother.

Ted and Pete grew closer as they continued to live together.

Ted'd drive Pete to school on his way to work every time the asshat bus driver left him behind and the brothers got beanies together Friday mornings.

The Brothers still argued and shouted at each other but they maintained a healthy relationship full of sarcastic comments and humour that was mainly accidental on Pete's part.

Pete had been surprised and secretly a little upset when he found out that Ted was moving out, Ted and Mr Spankoffski had full-blown fights every other night but Pete consistently forgot that Ted was a full-grown man who was going to have to move out eventually.

Pete was pleased to learn that Ted had moved into a two-bedroom apartment and he'd have his own room at Ted's place.

When Ted Made sure that Pete would have his own room he never expected Pete'd basically move in with him, although he certainly wasn't complaining, he liked having Peter around.

The brother's routine didn't change much, they basically lived together alone already,

Dinner with their parents bi-nightly was the only thing that really changed.

Ted spent around twenty minutes of his mornings ignoring his alarm clock until Pete barged into his room planting a cup of coffee onto Ted's nightstand, leaving for the bus stop, more often than not coming back because the bus driver left him behind.

Ted'd drive Pete to school, the two making dinner plans on the way.

Ted loved his life, he loved his brother, and he even loved his job, Ted was happy.

Ted's jolly joyful life crumbled day by day.

It started with Pete not waking Ted up, and then he stopped ranting about all the school drama and gossip to Ted when he got home, it wasn't long before the Beanie's mornings were discarded and despite Ted's attempts the brothers weren't even taking anymore.

Ted was consumed with concern, constantly trying to reach out but to no avail.

Ted's co-workers were getting worried.