8. He Was There.

"Wiggog Y'rath!" Pete screamed, thrashing about.

"Fuck off!", "Fuck Off!" Pete screeched, Ted rushed into the room switching on the light.

Pete was tossing and turning, yelling and shouting, clearly having a horrible nightmare.

"Pete, Petey" Ted shook Pete's shoulders to wake him up, it worked as Pete's eyes flung open, the younger bursting into tears immediately.

Ted wrapped his around Pete holding him close.

"Shhhh, it's okay, you're okay" Ted whispered into Pete's ear, holding him with one arm as the other arm's hands fingers ran through his hair, Pete finally calmed down and clung onto Ted.

"Hey little brother you're okay, I'm here, you're okay".

It wasn't the first nightmare-plagued night the brothers dealt with and sadly they both knew it wouldn't be the last.

Pete started getting nightmares after his friends Ruth and Richie had been murdered such a sudden and horrific loss was bound to affect the youngest Spankoffski brother but Ted couldn't get Pete to open up.

Ted wanted to be there for Pete without overwhelming or pressuring him but he never really knew what to do other than just being there for there.

When Pete woke up screaming Ted was there,

When Pete had to take the day off from school because it was too much, Ted took a day off of work to be there,

When Pete broke down when he noticed Ruth and Richie were truly gone Ted was there holding Pete closely letting him know he was there.