Chapter Four

A small pout formed on Yoongi's lips as he set his phone aside.

"What's wrong?" Namjoon asked.

"He had to go. But it feels like he was trying to get rid of me."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I dunno. It's just a feeling."

Namjoon sighed. "You're thinking of the worst case scenarios. Stay positive. You just had a great conversation! You can have more."

Yoongi nodded, though he wasn't fully convinced. "Should I initiate again next time? Or should I wait for him to do it?"

Namjoon shrugged. "I guess wait to see how long it takes. If it seems like he's taking too long, you should text him."

"But if he takes too long, that probably means he doesn't want to talk anymore."

"Yoongs, stop thinking like that. Remember that you haven't done this in a while. You've forgotten how it goes. This isn't unusual, and it's not a bad thing to have to initiate a conversation again."

Yoongi considered this, and then sighed. "I guess you're right."

"I am," Namjoon agreed. "Don't overthink it."

The two friends sat in silence for a few minutes until Namjoon finally spoke again.

"I'll call Jin. Let's see what he and Jungkook are up to today."

"Sounds good," Yoongi replied. "Anything to get my mind off of things."

Namjoon nodded as he picked up his phone and dialed Seokjin.

It turned out the brothers were free, and they all decided to go to lunch. Once Namjoon and Yoongi had met the others at the restaurant, Namjoon immediately began interrogating them.

"So, how much do you know about this Hoseok guy? You haven't known each other long, right?"

"Honestly, no," Seokjin replied. "We just met him yesterday at the garden."

At the mention of the garden, Yoongi sighed. "You met him while you were pulling up the plants?"

"Yeah," Jungkook said, throwing a furtive glance at Seokjin. "He was, uh, just curious as to why we were dismantling the garden. He has his own, and was there taking care of it."

"Well, while that would be something interesting to have in common," Yoongi admitted. "I'm still satisfied with my decision to get rid of it."

Jungkook and Seokjin shared another look, but Yoongi didn't notice.

"He was very nice, though," said Seokjin. "I didn't get any weird vibes or anything. I don't think it would be strange to talk to him, if that's what you want to know." He smiled slyly and Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"He's already talked to him today," Namjoon blurted. "They're getting to know each other."

Yoongi stared at his friend. "Thanks, Joon," he said sarcastically.

Namjoon shrugged. "Like you wouldn't tell them the truth eventually."

"Well, I think that's a great thing!" Jungkook said. "From what I understand, his friends have been trying to get him to move on from his last relationship, too. And we all saw how well you two clicked last nigh – "

"Yeah, everyone except me," Yoongi said, slightly bitterly.

"If it makes you feel any better," Seokjin said. "I'd be willing to bet he doesn't remember much either."

"Well, what a great start to a relationship," Yoongi mused. Then, upon the look on his friends' faces, he quickly clarified. "Friendship. A friendship relationship."