Chapter Eight

Yoongi jumped as cheers erupted around the table as Seokjin, Jungkook and Namjoon paid no mind to the other patrons in the cafe they were in.

"Quiet down," Yoongi insisted as they all began asking questions at once.

"How did it happen?"

"Who kissed who first?"

"How are you feeling about it?"

"Did it go any further?"

"What are you – "

"Calm down!" Yoongi exclaimed. "I'll answer everything, but just chill out!"

The other three laughed. "So..." Namjoon said.

"It happened while we were watching a movie. For some reason it just felt like the right moment. I kissed him first. I'm feeling really good about it. I wanted to stop at kissing, and he was really gentle and understanding about it. And..."

The other three leaned forward, waiting anxiously to hear what else he had to say.

"I really wanna do it again."

Again, the three cheered, and Yoongi rolled his eyes, knowing he wasn't going to be able to stop them this time.

Jungkook jumped up and, as he'd been doing so often lately, wrapped his arms around Yoongi and exclaimed, "I'm so happy for you, Hyung!" Jungkook bounced up and down on his feet, jostling Yoongi around. Seokjin and Namjoon laughed at the look on Yoongi's face.

"Let him be excited, Hyung," Namjoon said. "We've been waiting for this day almost as much as you have."

Yoongi smiled then. "Thanks for sticking with me," he said. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

The other three grinned. "We love you, Yoongs," Seokjin said. "I don't think we could be more happy for you than we are right now. And you know that somewhere, she's happy for you, too."

Yoongi's eyes shone with tears at Seokjin's words. "I really think so, too," he said quietly. Seokjin was surprised by this admission, but simply smiled. He wasn't about to question it.

"So, when are you seeing him again?" Jungkook asked.

"Later today," Yoongi said. "He's going to show me his garden."

Jungkook snapped his head to look at Seokjin, who frowned. "What?" Yoongi asked, looking between the two.

"Nothing," Jungkook said. "I, uh, I need to make a call. I'll be right back."

He then stepped out of the cafe before Yoongi could say anything else. He quickly dialed Hoseok.

"Hey, Kook – "

"What are you doing?!" Jungkook hissed.

"Um, eating lunch...?"

"No, I mean with Yoongi. You're showing him the garden today?"

"Oh, yeah! I figured it was time. The plants have grown up strong and are already producing healthy tomatoes. I think he'll be pleased."

Jungkook pinched the bridge of his nose. "Did you not think it would be important to tell Jin and me about this?"

There was a pause. "Are you mad at me?"

"No," Jungkook sighed. "Just a little annoyed. We're still not 100% sure Yoongi will be happy about it."

"He and I have taken a big step in our relationship," Hoseok said. "I think he's ready to see it; I don't think he'll be upset."

"No offense, Hyung, but we know Yoongi a little bit more than you do. Even at this point. And I'm telling you that he may not be ready."