Chapter Seven

"Shit, you're gonna make me cry."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, though he smiled at Jungkook. He then looked over at Seokjin, who was smiling approvingly.

"It sounds like it went – "

"Perfect," Yoongi said. "As perfect as a situation like that can go."

"Jeez, what a guy," Namjoon added. "He sounds damn near perfect, too."

Yoongi nodded. "I think he might just be."

Jungkook suddenly jumped up and pulled Yoongi into a hug. "I'm so happy for you, Hyung!" Yoongi wriggled out of his grasp, though he grinned.

"Thanks, Kook."

"So, you're going out again, right?" Seokjin asked.

"No, actually," Yoongi said and all three gaped at him. Yoongi chuckled. "We're staying in next time. He's going to make me dinner and we're watching a movie."

Jungkook gasped. "That's so sweet!"

Yoongi looked a bit embarrassed, though he nodded in agreement. "It was my idea to stay in, but it was his idea to make dinner for me."

Namjoon grinned at him. "I'm tellin' ya...what a guy."

Yoongi smiled. "Yeah, I know."

-

Two days later, Yoongi visited a florist and bought two bouquets. He then boarded a bus that would take him a few miles out of town.

When he'd reached his destination, he looked up at the wrought iron gate and sighed. It never got easier to visit here.

He slipped inside and headed through the rows of graves until he reached the one he was looking for. He knelt down on his knees and brushed some leaves off the top of the headstone. He then laid one of the bouquets in front of it. Lilies. Her favorite.

"Hey, Jagiya."

He took a deep breath. "I need to talk to you about something. I hope you won't be mad."

"I met someone." Yoongi paused, as though waiting for a response. "He-He's a really great person. I think you'd like him. Jin and Kook do."

"He's really understanding about you," he said. "Of course I told him about you," he continued, as if there actually had been a response. "How could I not?"

He paused again. "He's very patient with me. We've been on a lot of dates now, but we're taking it slow, for me. And he...well, he gets it. I guess that's the best way I know how to explain it. You understand, right?"

He sucked in another deep breath. "But..."

Tears filled Yoongi's eyes, but he pressed on. He knew what he wanted to say, even if it was hard. "I think I'm ready to take the next step," he whispered. "Would that be okay with you?"

Yoongi turned his face to the sky and closed his eyes, trying to stop the tears from falling. "I'm so sorry, Jagiya. I'm not replacing you. I could never."

He looked back at the grave. "I didn't go looking for him...Hoseok. His name is Hoseok. I wouldn't even consider it had I not met him purely by coincidence."

"And Jin and Kook say it's time to move on. That this is what you would want. And who would know better than them, I guess, right?"

Yoongi stopped, feeling as though he were rambling. When he eventually continued, the tears began to fall.

"He makes me happy, Jagiya," he whispered. "And I haven't felt happy since you."

The moment he finished his sentence, a small cloud moved, and Yoongi felt the warmth of the sun on his skin. He gasped and let out a loud sob. He doubled over, pressing his forehead against the grass as he wept.