Chapter 62 : Coming back home

Chapter 62

Later...  

Riker POV

I woke up to the feeling of my wrist stinging. It was morning so I could see that it had bled through the bandages and onto the sheets on my bed.

I could hear noises from downstairs that sounded like Mark was making breakfast. So I slowly got up and went downstairs. Ross was downstairs, helping him cook. When he saw me, he ran over and hugged me.

"You came back! We were so worried last night!" Ross said, hugging me tight.

I wasn't used to people being worried about me. Normally nobody cared.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was really scared something would happen to you."

Ross let go of me and then he saw my wrist, which was pretty obvious since I was still only wearing my swimsuit.

"What happened?" He asked.

Ross took my hand and looked at my arm that was bandaged. And then he took my other hand and looked at that wrist too.

"Dad, Riker's bleeding."

Mark came over and took my hand, looking at my bandages.

"Yeah, it bled through onto the sheets on my bed," I said, quietly.

"Ross, go get the first aid kit from upstairs."

Ross got the first aid kit. Mark cleaned my cut again, which stung really bad, all while Ross was watching, which made me feel super self conscious.

I was still waiting for someone to say something about my cuts or to yell at me or something. But neither of them did.

Mark bandaged my cuts up again and finished making breakfast.

Later...

Riker POV

Mark cleaned the blood of the sheets and then we packed up to drive back home. I guess Mark was satisfied with me.

So right now I was stuck in the backseat with Ross. Even though I had my phone back, I hadn't texted anyone. I kind of didn't know what to say. And I was trying to avoid telling Rocky about cutting again. And Curt. And Selena.

I was kind of scared to be going back home though. I mean, now I'm going to have to learn how to swim again. And I'm positive Mark will tell Stormie about my arms. And I bet she'll have something to say about it. And then everyone will know. And then that's a lot more people to be watching out for me cutting. Which I guess is good because I need to stop doing it. But it's just making me feel so nervous. Everyone is going to have their eyes on me now. And I don't like attention.

Rocky is going to be so disappointed in me. And so will Curt and Selena. They'll be able to tell. It's a much deeper cut than all the others ones I've made. It's obvious.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I'm tired of this life. It's like I get past something hard, and there's something harder waiting for me to face.

I felt Ross's hand on top of mine. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

"Are you ok?" He asked, quietly.

I nodded and closed my eyes again. I'm not really ok. But I don't feel like explaining it.

Later...

Riker POV

When we got home, it was really late. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Rocky was there, pulling me into a hug, which surprised me. But it felt good to be in his arms. I felt a lot safer with him around.