03

Jake had never been to university or college. His director taught him everything. He was home-schooled and taught by Yeong-su, while he was trained. Don't get him wrong, he was a smartass and was just never let out in the world because he was an assassin under training.

Plan A had failed, and he had to actually attend his college classes now, for the very first time in his life. He needed a way out, but there was none, so he had to ask Heeseung about it, eventually.

"You never went to college?" Heeseung looked quite surprised.

"I was home-schooled back in Australia." He had to lie about the 'Australia' part.

"I can help you if you want!" Heeseung saw his chance, and he jumped.

Jake nodded, smiling at the elder, sighing in relief internally to how easily he got his job done. As relieved as he was, he was indeed a bit annoyed at the fact that he couldn't close Heeseung inside the campus. It would have been so easy, according to Jake's study, because Heeseung hardly even got out of the college buildings, let alone the huge campus.

More than 36 hours had passed since the moment he first arrived. Jake's classes started in less than 14 hours and he was currently busy taking down mental notes from how Heeseung described everything. Almost everything was what he had imagined, and he was relieved about that too.

Heeseung had a comforting voice. He delivered every word softly but firm enough for Jake to understand. Unintentionally, a smile formed on Jake's lips, a simple line, but a dangerous sign of how he let his guard down again, and on top of that, around his target. He didn't take long to realize, but he could've been killed in that short span of time if it wasn't for Heeseung or any ordinary student. He cursed himself internally.

He glanced at his watch. 8pm. Heeseung was making his coffee and Jake wondered how the other had such an incredibly unhealthy diet. Jake didn't have coffee, because he could actually stay up for long hours which he was trained for, but he wouldn't actually tell Heeseung that.

He opened the book Heeseung had given him. Not bringing even a single book was a very bad move. But Heeseung seemed to buy his 'home-schooling' story and he didn't seem suspicious.

Computer engineering. That's what his director signed him up for to be as close as possible to Heeseung. Jake shared 4 of 5 classes with Heeseung, somedays 3, but either way, he never planned to attend classes other than Heeseung's. It's just for a few days.

Jake could hardly think of any other plans. He always needed time off his schedule, to cope up for the next mission but his greed landed him in a pitfall where he can't even think of a plan, let alone ways to execute it smoothly.

He flipped through the book like a magazine and, in about 2 hours, he was done memorizing the whole thing. Thanks to his unbelievable memory, he had Heeseung staring at him in confusion when he returned the book to him.

"You don't need it?" Heeseung raised a brow, taking the heavy book.

"I'm done. Thank you for letting me borrow." Jake smiled, and it did things to Heeseung.

But the latter didn't believe what Jake told him, as usually anyone would, and laughed to himself. He was still not half-way done, but he noticed his roommate going to bed already. Little did he know Jake was only going in for a nap.

Jake draped the blanket over him. Heeseung turned his head through the smallest angle he could to see if Jake was asleep yet.

"Goodnight, Jake." Heeseung wished before going back to his books.

Jake heard it alright but didn't bother to answer. And on the other hand, Heeseung's ears were warm from wishing his crush goodnight.