04

Jake's eyes never left Heeseung's back after closing their door while he fitted his in-ear. Jake stepped down the stairs, matching his steps to Heeseung's, staring at the other's back. Heeseung looked down to his feet, as if he'd topple on the stairs if he didn't keep checking which stair he was on, and he blamed Jake's presence for that.

Once both the boys reached the ground floor, Jake checked on his pistol, making sure it was in place while Heeseung took out a pair of airpods and connected them to his phone before putting one on. He offered Jake the other airpod which Jake refused.

Jake wasn't going to waste another opportunity. No matter what, he couldn't let his focus shift. It might be abnormal to others, but Jake was excited to finally close another case. He was going to make his kill count 29 soon. Highest anyone has ever had.

Heeseung put the other pod back into its case as he walked out of the hostel gate, Jake following him. They walked past the university building while Heeseung shook his head faintly to the beat in his pods. Jake studied how dark the campus looked at night, except the dimly lit yellow lantern-like lights hanging off some of the corridors.

Until they reached the main gate, Heeseung had put his pod back in, deciding to rather enjoy the walk. Jake, however, took no notice of how the other kept stealing little glances at him. It wasn't like he would mind, even if he knew.

"Are you tired?" Heeseung asked, suddenly enough to throw off Jake again.

"N-no." Jake breathed out.

"I should walk slowly then..." Heeseung slowed down his pace.

Jake picked up as soon as he heard the comment. He had been walking behind Heeseung intentionally, so that he wouldn't lose him. But here he was now, walking through the very little crowd, with Heeseung, side to side. To his discomfort, he couldn't stare at Heeseung now.

Even though Jake had done a serious check on all the areas near the university, he was clueless of where Heeseung was leading him to. But he followed his roommate like an obedient puppy, not making a single noise.

The more he walked, the more he felt like his confidence was draining out. Heeseung paced forward, until he reached what looked like a playground. Looked like. Everything except the swings was broken and dusty. Jake made out weird shapes in the dark which turned out to be slides and see-saws.

The little light that he felt probably made its way from the street lamps 10 seconds before the playground. But he saw Heeseung navigating through just fine, meaning he had been here more than once, enough for him to know what here's map would look like.

Jake never asked for such a good location. Even though he got his feet stuck in the sand pit once, he could not complain. But he needed a plan, because he has been procrastinating for a long time and apparently, didn't want to do classes. He never planned on actually starting a course mid-year nor did he like it; Just for the mission, he said to himself, everytime.

Heeseung took a seat on one of the two intact swings. He pushed the ground with his feet, slightly, causing the swing to sway him to and fro, cold wind hitting his face. Jake walked over to him, where he saw movement. He occupied the swing next to him and stared at the stars, except there were no stars and he found himself searching for them.

"Tell me about it?" Heeseung started.

Heeseung received a confused look from Jake.

"What are you so worried about?" Heeseung continues, trying to make him understand.

Jake doesn't put up another expression. He's clearly worried and more precisely, impatient and irritated, because he couldn't kill this six-feet boy, but that was going to change tonight.