09

Jake hoped Heeseung hadn't still stepped out onto the balcony and took the clothes off the boxes. He won't be able to identify but the vials were marked. He hurried his way towards his room and stood in front of the door marked with a number plate saying ‘30’. He touched the gun under his shirt and his breath came out in a shudder.

He opened the door, carefully slowly, and for a moment his nerves relaxed when he found Heeseung lying on his own bed and using his phone. When that momentary relaxation ended, his heart picked up again, at the thought of the kiss. He didn't do much to avoid it, but he paced to the other end of the room where the balcony lay.

Jake had never kissed a boy before. He pulled the glass door; he was relieved to find it locked even though it had not been minutes. He unlocked and stepped out, pulled his bag from the floor. It was soaked at places and dry the rest, but it wasn't a matter of concern to him now. He packed his stuff, racing through the boxes and the sharp pieces of shattered glass which stuck to the insides of his bag.

He didn't yelp, but his brows furrowed at the sight of a thin cut, along the back of his right hand to his wrists. He wiped the blood on his shirt and moved inside after zipping close the things in. He rubbed the cut against his pants when it itched and the action caused him a sting which he held inside his throat. People like him don't usually want their surroundings to be aware of how hurt they are.

Heeseung's back faced him when he entered, still lying on his bed with his face turned to the wall his bed was against. Jake pulled the balcony door close and locked it, before dropping his bag against the glass.

When he looked at the back turned to him, his organs stirred and he gulped, no matter how hard he tried to deny it, he gulped a part of him that was afraid to admit his shitty actions. He had to explain to Heeseung that it was momentary and he didn't feel anything for him, but the question was how. He had never once had to explain such a thing and his mind had stopped working like it did, the moment he stepped foot into this room.

But then, he was pulled out of his thoughts by his ringing phone on his nightstand. He picked up and waited for any voice that might come.

“20040209EN. Executive code?” The voice was young and even if he hadn't spelled the code out, Jake would have known it was Jungwon.

“20021115EN.” The last letters came with the hint of a chuckle from Jake.

He glanced at the limp body in front of him and heard little snores. Heeseung was asleep and Jake made sure by moving to his bed and taking a quick look. Such a raw action; Jake just didn't want to spend his energy on running to the balcony or the bathroom again or anywhere, just to talk. He sat on his bed, the edge facing Heeseung, unintentionally keeping an eye on him.

“Confirmed.” Jungwon giggled and it made Jake smile.

“What is it that you want?”

“Is your target with you?” Jungwon chuckled.

A part of Jake jumped at the question and his answer came hesitantly, “Yes.”

He could hear the younger creating a mess out of giggling and snickering on the other side of the phone. As restless as he got, he stared at Heeseung's back plainly. The shirt he chose to wear stuck to his back at places, and Jake wanted to smoothen the creases. But again, he would be proving Jungwon right.

“Is he awake? Does he know you're talking?”

“He's asleep.” Jake sighed but he felt his ears heat up. “What did you want again, Wonie?”

The giggles faded but he could tell how smiley Jungwon was from how he spoke. “His father is taking off from Seoul in a week. You’re to wait till then, and Dad will notify you when to resume.”