New life without you...

Part 1. Physical pain distracts from mental pain.

Can POV

"Good morning, Can! Welcome!" Deren was already waiting for me at the door of my office, with tea in her hands. I glanced at the small curly glass, shaped like an hourglass, and it was as if someone had punched me in the gut. Just like this morning in training, when I was exhausted at the end, I hesitated for a second and the coach dealt me a crushing blow. Such that I writhed on the mat for several minutes, gasping for air.

"What is this?" I clenched my teeth, trying to pull myself together.

"I thought that you would like to drink tea... I saw you drive up... So, I made it..."

"You thought..." how I hated myself at that moment. Poor Deren shrank into a ball under my fierce gaze, I have no doubt that she felt scared. Because now I myself am furious. "So, if I need information about a new project, I should contact CeyCey?"

"What do you mean?" She batted her eyelashes, as if I was talking to her in an incomprehensible language.

"Deren, why does it seem to me that you always forget where you belong?"

"Why?" she asked again in confusion, and I became even more angry. I didn't want to waste time talking to her, so I waved my hand at her to leave, completely forgetting about the bandage. Taking a glance at the bandaged hand, Deren asked in fear, "Can, what's wrong with your hand?"

"Let CeyCey bring me tea when I ask him to. Now get on with the project!" Putting my hand in my jacket pocket, I turned around and entered the office, slamming the door behind me. And again, I regretted that I had to sit in a glass aquarium, in full view of everyone.

When will she let me go, when will I be able to breathe freely again?! The new day did not bring relief. On the contrary, today I felt with renewed vigor, the betrayal of my own brother and her... the one I forbade myself to think about yesterday.

"Can Bey, come to the phone," Guliz babbled, standing in the doorway with the receiver in her hand. Only now I remembered that I turned off my phone, rejecting the tenth call from Emre. I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. Perhaps, when time passes, I will calm down... Although, I doubt it. "Can Bey..."

"Come on, bring it to me." I extended my hand and took the phone from her, "I'm listening..."

"I'm also listening to what you're doing, son!" My father's voice deafened me for a few seconds. It felt like I was set on fire alive. I would actually prefer to be burned than to hear this dissatisfied voice of Mr. Aziz. Looks like he already knows everything.

"Did Emre complain to you?" Gesturing for Guliz to go out and close the door behind her, I turned my back to the common room. Now it seemed to me that the whole office was looking at me and discussing the latest news: "Mr. Aziz called to give his son a dressing down."

"If only," he said. He was angry, I knew his tone very well, "your mother called me!"

What? Did Emre really complain to his mother and she had the audacity to call his father? I didn't know who I wanted to strangle more at that moment, Emre or his mother... Or maybe, just hang myself.

"That's unexpected," I muttered, leaning back. My head hurt terribly after a sleepless night.

"Yes, for me too," my father agreed. "She called in the morning and screamed into the phone for an hour that while I was chilling somewhere, my sons were killing each other, and even dragging the company to the bottom."