xiv. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐢𝐭! 𝐢'𝐦 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐬

//chapter fourteen • that's it! I'm over shotguns

//chapter fourteen 
• that's it! I'm over shotguns

WARD CAMERON WAS a lot of things. A friend, a pillar of the community, a father, a husband, a rich man who'd worked for all his money and power, but he was also a liar. Now it should be said that Ward Cameron loved his family. He loved his daughters, Sarah and Wheezie, he loved his second wife, Rose, and he did love his son, Rafe, though he was hard on him. Rafe never amounted to what Ward had wanted him to, it drove the boy mad.

When Rafe decided he was nothing more than a failure, he started acting like it. He knew his father would always favor Sarah over him, that Sarah was the angel and Rafe was the failure of the family. So Rafe started doing coke, using his dad's money to buy motorcycles, starting fights and being an all over asshole. All because of Ward.

Now, Ward came across as a good person. When her daughter's boyfriend fell from the top of a play structure, Ward payed the hospital bill, he saved John B from Child Services and made it so that the boy could stay on Kildare Island. He gave John B a nice roof over his head and a second chance at a job. A pretty good person right?

But Ward knew about the Royal Merchant. He, like everyone else had heard the tale, and he knew Big John had been after it for years. But now Big John was gone and had left his son behind. Ward Cameron had thought the gold trail had gone cold when all Big John found was an empty boat wreck at the bottom of a channel, but then, one night, he caught Sarah taking a Parcel map of the old Tannyhill planation. A strange thing for a teenage girl to steal.

She had told him the boy she was into was a history fan, just like Ward. And then John B fell from the crow's nest and suddenly things began to make sense.

The son of the man famous for searching for the 400 million dollar shipwreck wanted a map of Parcel 9. There was no way that was something had happened by chance. There was a story there, something behind John B's motivation.

Ward thought the trail had gone dry... but it in fact had not.

"All we have to do is melt down the bricks so they're not traceable. This afternoon we're gonna take it to the pawn shop and then after than we're gonna pay for JJ's restitution fine." John B explained to Sarah and Andrew Cameron was they walked through the backyard to their home, getting close to the house as they spoke about their treasure find the night prior.

"How many bars were there?" Sarah asked, still blown away by the fact that six young teenagers had been able to find 400 million.

"I━ I don't know, it was all muddy." John B told the blonde as they came to a pause outside the window to Ward's office. "I think there was maybe 500?"

"Five hundred?" Sarah gasped as Ward looked up at the window to notice John B and Sarah right outside.

"Maybe 600?"