・ | ✦ʚ 1 ɞ✦ |・

.

✧[ - iHave a secret -]✧

.

"Why don't you go sit in the waiting room, and I'll get Sam's teeth all fixed up," the dentist advised Carly.

"Okay," Carly nodded before turning to her best friend. "Stay blonde."

"Stay Brown."

Carly nodded before leaving the office, but before she could turn the corner, a loud noise was heard. She immediately returned to the office and found her friend on top of both dentists, trying to harm them with their own tools. For a while, she tried to separate them, but before she or the dentists could do anything, her phone started ringing, stopping the commotion.

"I think you have a call," Sam pointed out to Carly, still on top of the dentist.

Carly gave her a look of "seriously? I hadn't even noticed," allowing Sam to leave to answer her phone outside the office. Sam took that as a signal to return to her seat and leave the dentists alone... for now. She had never been with a dentist before, and the mere idea terrified her, imagining what they could do with those torture instruments they called "dentist tools." Neither Sam nor the dentists wanted to move or say anything until Carly returned. They were visibly nervous at the possibility of Sam losing control, and she was anxious to have her best friend for support.

‧₊˚✧[ - ♡ -]✧˚₊‧

Not three minutes passed when Carly returned to the office, this time with a concerned expression on her face.

"Did something bad happen?" Sam asked.

"Yes, it turns out Spencer got injured by one of the inmates he was teaching art to, and he's on his way to the hospital," Carly explained. "A paramedic told me they might just have to cast his right leg, but Spencer wants me to be with him at the hospital, and also to find his health insurance and emergency money at home."

"Then you have to go," Sam affirmed, a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry, but I have no choice. Do you want me to call your mom to come pick you up?"

"I would say yes, but she ruined her phone again. Don't ask how, because I don't want to remember," Sam warned Carly as she noticed she was about to ask.

"Okay. I guess I'll have to call Freddie," Carly commented, taking out her phone to dial the boy, but she stopped when she heard a growl from Sam.

"To Freddie? Are you serious?"

"Of course. He's our friend; I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking care of you."

"Of course, he won't mind. He'll be too busy making fun of me because I'm nervous about something so stupid."

"Oh, you're being dramatic" Carly insisted. Sam raised an eyebrow, as if to say, 'do you really think so?' and Carly had to backtrack. "Well, maybe he'll tease you a little at first, but then he'll be good company, you'll see."

"And why can't I just go alone home and be done with it?" Sam complained, lying back on the examination table.

"It's not the most advisable," the dentist suddenly said, reminding them both that they were not alone in the office. "Since you're very... nervous, we'll have to sedate you a little to calm you down, and you'll need someone's help to make sure you're okay."

"And Freddie can be that someone," Carly continued. Seeing that Sam was staring at her own shirt, Carly kept talking. "Look, I'll talk to him to behave when he's here, but I can't just leave you alone, so let him help you for now, okay?"