・ | ✦ʚ 5 ɞ✦ |・

・ Notes ・

The events of this chapter occur during and after what happened in iCook. You don't need to watch the chapter to read this, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Songs I listened to while writing the chapter: Better, So close (Jennette McCurdy), I got you (Twice), You're the one that I want (John Travolta & Olivia), Don't go breaking my heart (Elton John), I'm yours (Jason Mraz), Can't help falling in love with you (Elvis Presley), Inséparables (Zaz, Pablo Alborán). You can listen to them in any order you want :)

Another option is this instrumental music that I listen to on YouTube, almost always when I read or write Seddie fanfics:

2 Hour Beautiful Piano Music for Studying and Sleeping 【BGM】

YouTube Channel: The soul of Wind.

Additionally, I recommend searching for my profile on Wattpad, Tumblr or Instagram, as I will post some AI-generated images of Sam and Freddie that I liked at the end of the chapters. And yes, they are made by Bing Designer because I have zero talent for drawing :)

If you notice any errors, please let me know in the comments.

Blessings and I hope you enjoy your reading! ૮₍ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ₎ა

.

✧ [ - iCook -] ✧

.

Sam and Freddie had agreed to meet at least three times a week to avoid any kind of suspicion. Sam justified her absence with excuses like needing to help her mother, having to go shopping for ham, or simply leaving without explanation. On his part, Freddie justified his absences by mentioning school assignments, editing for iCarly, or attending meetings for some club he belonged to. Despite feeling uncomfortable lying to their friend, they had made a decision and had no choice but to keep going until the end of the month. However, they made an effort to spend as much time with her as possible.

Despite their efforts, Carly noticed the absence of her friends. It was something inevitable, as they usually spent a lot of time at her house. Not that she minded at all, because she enjoyed their company. She tried not to get too discouraged, knowing that both Sam and Freddie had their own lives and responsibilities to attend to (at least Freddie did). So, she simply made the most of the time they spent together when planning the next iCarly or sharing moments in the living room.

One of those days, Carly, Sam, and Freddie were invited to participate in a cooking show to compete against a famous Seattle chef named Ricky Flame. Although at first, all three were excited to participate, that excitement faded after they beat the chef, who began to throw tantrums like a toddler just for losing. Despite this, the three went on with their lives as usual.

At school, Freddie approached Sam to greet her. Since there were a lot of people around, he couldn't hug her or give her a quick kiss as he wanted, so he settled for saying hello. Or he would have, if he hadn't seen that Sam's locker was emitting a lot of smoke and she was standing too close to it.

"Hey, wow, I think your alarm system is on fire," Freddie warned Sam as grabbed her arm to pull her away from the hot surface.

"Nah, Franklin made me get rid of my alarm system because it kept blowing fuses and shorting out the whole school."

"Then why so much smoke?"

"The smoke is coming from my Gary Coleman Grill," Sam explained. Seeing the confusion on his face, she smiled and motioned for him to come closer to her locker. She opened the door and turned on a light so Freddie could see the meat grilling inside.