・ | ✦ʚ 4 ɞ✦ |・

「 ✦ Notes ✦ 」

I apologize for the delay, but I've been very busy with university. So I hope you enjoy the chapter, even though it's short. I'll upload the next one soon once I finish editing it.

૮₍ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ ₎ა

.

✧ [ - iDate -] ✧

.

"Carly, I'm here!" announced Sam as she entered the apartment, heading towards the kitchen where her friend was. "What are you doing? Mama can help by eating it."

"Good afternoon to you too," Carly replied as she continued decorating cookies. "I'm decorating some cookies for snack. Yours are on the red plate over there. You can get juice from the refrigerator."

"That's why you're my best friend," Sam thanked, looking for juice in the refrigerator. Then she sat at the kitchen table to start eating. "And you, my babies, come with mama."

""What a good mother you are, eating your babies," Carly teased, but Sam ignored her and continued eating.

When Carly finished adding the final details to her cookies, she put them on a plate and sat next to Sam to eat.

"Done. Now let's eat," Carly sang before starting to eat her snack.

"What about Spencer?" asked Sam, hoping to find more cookies.

"I already gave him his, and the ones left are for Freddie," Carly answered, guessing her friend's intentions. "By the way, how is he? Do you know if he got home okay or if they finally called his mom?"

Sam swallowed with the help of the juice before responding, "Nah. The nurse just checked on him when he woke up and gave him some recommendations and stuff," she explained before taking another cookie. "And then we came back together," she added with her mouth full.

"I didn't catch a single word of what you said. "

"I said we came back together," she explained after swallowing. "He's at home now, probably eating his veggies like the good mommy's boy he is."

"Don't say it like that, you know it's not his fault to have such an overprotective mother," Carly replied. Sam shrugged. "Anyway, I'm glad he's okay. I got quite worried when you told me he fainted, and you had to take him to the nurse's office."

"I would say he 'fell asleep 'rather than 'fainted'. If he had passed out, he would've woken up after a few minutes, but he ended up sleeping all day at school. Geez, I'm almost jealous."

"Well, fainted or asleep, it must have been weird for him. Can you imagine sleeping all day at school?" Carly wondered. "I'm not saying it wasn't okay for him to sleep, but I really find it strange that they didn't call his mom."

"Maybe it's because of how intense she is, but I don't know and honestly I don't care." Sam remarked, already bored with the topic after finishing her cookies. "Setting aside Freddie's mother hen, wanna watch 'Girly Cow' for a while?"

"Sure. I still have some homework to do, but I think I can watch an episode or two."

"Three episodes. It's settled," said Sam, leaving her empty dishes on the table to go and throw herself on the couch.

Carly smiled at her friend's carefree attitude and finished off the last cookie on her plate before joining her on the sofa.

✧[ - ♡ -]✧