• 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘛𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 •

(Third Person POV:)

Madison gently tapped the tips of her fingers against her black school skirt as she waited for Liam.

She was starting to get worried, it was almost ten minutes past the time he usually cane out of the school. She felt like a bit of an idiot stood there by herself.

She felt almost disappointed that he was there, she couldn't think of a reason why though. Apart from the fact he was the only alive part of her social life.

She let out a long sigh and pushed herself away from the gate she was leant against. Gently pulling the jacket he'd lent her over her shoulders, she began the journey back home with her shoulders slumped and her head down.

◇◇◇

Madison slowly rose up from the spot she had been laid down on, on the sofa as she heard a harsh knock on the door.

It was half past eleven and she wasn't expecting anyone to be knocking at that time. Unless her parents had come back from their holiday early.

"Hello?" She called, slowly creeking the front door open.

"Hiya Mads." She was greeted by Liam, a boyish grin plastered over his face and his eyes barely open.

"Hi Liam." She rolled her eyes. "Wrong house, you live next door."

"No, I came to see ya." He nodded eagerly. "Cos it's your eighteenth 'n all."

"Yeah, whatever." She shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest to shield herself from the cold air drifting in.

"And I'm sorry," The slur in his words became more promenant. "For not showin' up."

"Well you could have told me, not just left standing against the school gate like an idiot." Madison scoffed. "Fucking h-"

Before she could do anything Liam had been sick all over her silk nightgown, and all over himself.

Her hand clasped over her mouth as she looked at his face, he was wiping his mouth on his sleeve.

"Dickhead." Madison sneered, a grimace appearing on her face as she looked at the sick that covered both of them. "Come in."

She was quick to grasp onto his wrist and dragged him up the stairs, ignoring his mumbled sorry's.

"Just shower." Madison grumbled, rubbing her forehead.

"I'm sorry, Mads." He mumbled back walking into the bathroom, quickly shutting the door after him.

After about five minutes he came back out wearing a pair of boxers, the silver cross he wore gleaming. He was rubbing at his head with a towel.

"How much did you have to drink then, enough to make you come to mine?" She raised her brows.

"I felt bad, I didn't want you to spend your eighteenth by yourself." He slurred, rolling his eyes.

"Not bad enough to stop you ditching me." She scoffed at him, slipping into the bathroom to have a shower of her own.

Madison pressed her forehead against the tile wall and let the water cascade down her body without it hitting her hair, luckily enough for her there was no sick in it. She was almost at the point of relaxation when she heard someone humming outside the door.

"Liam, go away." She huffed, knowing that he wouldn't be able to hear her. "What?" She shouted over the water.

"Nothing, I need you to put my clothes in the washing machine." Liam spoke just loud enough to be heard through the door.

"One minute." She was quickly out of the shower, tying a dressing gown around her body. She slowly emerged through the door to be met with a grinning Liam. "What?"

"You're actually gonna help?" He laughed, looking down slightly.

"I'm not that mean." She rolled her eyes, taking the dirty clothes out of his arms.

"Everyone else thinks otherwise." He shrugged, beginning to walk down the stairs.

She stayed silent, gripping tightly onto the banister. She tried to not let his comment get to her.

"It's not hard to put the washing machine on, y'know?" She began to load the clothes into the washing machine as they first got into the kitchen.

"Where's all your presents then?" Liam mumbled, leant against the sink.

"Didn't get any." Madison pressed the on button and the machines drum began to spin.

"None?" He raised his brows, a small frown crossing his face.

"None." She nodded slowly, shrugging her shoulders. "My parents are away this weekend."

"I would've got ya one." He nodded back.

"You wouldn't, unless it was being sick on me." She scoffed, folding her arms over her chest.

"Mam's life." He snorted, it was definitely serious if he was bringing his mum into this.

She slowly turned the corner and began to walk back up the stairs, she could hear him following close behind.

As soon as they entered the bedroom Madison began to sift through her wardrobe, dragging out a plain t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

Without her even asking, Liam had turned around to face the wall.

She muttered a small thank you and pulled on the clothes.

"I'll leave you to it then." Madison whispered, watching Liam as he sat down on her bed.

"What, no?" He mumbled, standing up and walking over and grabbing her wrist as she began to walk through the door.

"I'm fine sleeping on the sofa, it's not a big deal?" She shrugged, turning to face him.

"Come to bed." He shook at her wrist, a frown crossing his face. "Please."

"Liam, I'm fine." She rolled her eyes, trying to shake his hand off of herself.

Suddenly his lips were forced on hers, she barely had time to reciprocate before he pulled away.

"Please come to bed." He mumbled into her ear, tugging gently at her waist.

"Okay, I'll get in." Madison whispered, following him back to her bed.

"Thanks." Liam grumbled, slipping himself under the covers.

"It's okay." She gave him a half smile, joining him under the duvet a few seconds later.

She tried to ignore the butterflies fluttering in her stomach as he pressed his nose into her shoulder and dragged her closer to himself.