CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Naki's POV

I rushed into the hospital to speak with the nurse I had talked to on the phone earlier.

First, I went to Mom's hospital room to check on her.

After a few minutes, I stood in front of Mom's hospital room door.

Upon opening it, I found Mom and Ming enjoying delicious food.

"Mom?" I called out to her.

"Oh, son. You've arrived. Have you eaten yet? You might be hungry." she said.

"Where did that come from, Mom? Did someone visit here? Who?" I asked, one after another.

"Didn't you run into your boss? He visited a while ago. He even bought us food. Your boss is really kind," explained Mom, which made me wonder if she was referring to Sir Shun.

"Sir Shun?" I asked.

"Yes, big bro! He even gave me money." said Ming, while showing the two thousand pesos she was holding.

"Oh, by the way, son, your boss said you helped his grandma against a thief? And the money he gave you as a reward, that's what you used for my surgery, right? That's what your boss said, so he came to check on me. Did you save some for yourself?" Mom said so I was confused.

"He did say it?" I asked and Mom nodded.

"Ah..."

"Mom..."

"Hm?" she replied.

"Are you ready for the surgery? You'll be able to handle it, right?" I changed the subject.

"Of course. Why? Are you worried about Mom?" she replied.

"What child wouldn't worry, Mom?" I replied.

"You don't need to worry, son. I can take it." she replied.

"I know, but I'm still worried." I replied.

"Did Sir Shun say anything else, Mom?" I asked.

"Not really, son. Why? Are you worried about something?" Mom replied.

"Nothing..."

"You should rest after you eat, Mom, okay?" I added.

"I will. I will," she replied.

"Mom."

"Hm?"

"I'll go right away after I talk with the nurse, is that okay? I'll come back tomorrow." I said.

"Of course, you can go. Ming is always here with me, anyway." she replied with a smile, so I smiled back.

"Ming, take care of Mom, okay? You should rest too." I said to Ming.

"Got it, Big Bro!" she replied.

"Good." I replied and tousled her hair.

"Then I'll be going now."

"Ming, remember what I said to you, okay? Take care, you two." I added.

"Take care, son. Be careful on your way." Mom bid farewell.

"Bye, big bro!" Ming said.

"Bye, bye," I replied.

I still can't believe that it was Sir Shun who paid Mom's hospital bills and even bought them food again.

But why? Why would Sir Shun do that? Is it because Mom is his favorite cook? Maybe that's the case, but... why would he lie about paying for Mom's surgery?

Well, Mom's happy to know she's finally getting surgery. She misses cooking, for sure. But the thing is... She thinks that it was me who paid her hospital bills and for the surgery.

Fast Forward~

After I talked to the nurse, I went downstairs right away to leave the hospital.

I should go back to the mansion.

I need to talk to Sir Shun.

To be continued...