xvi. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 *𝐉𝐉* 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧 (m)

//chapter sixteen • the "JJ" half of the coin (mature)

//chapter sixteen 
• the "JJ" half of the coin (mature)

may of 2020

BETS ARE A horrible idea. Especially when you're as impulsive and stupid as JJ was. Although, to be fair, it's not like he was alone in the dumb impulsive bet. When you and one of your best friends decide to see who can fuck the same gender first purely to start the summer on a dramatic and memorable note, you feel the urge to win. JJ also knew Kie had the advantage in this stupid bet and that he'd probably loose by the end of the night. It helped that Kie knew where to look for girls. JJ was lost when it came to men. Feeling vague attraction doesn't mean you know what the fuck you're supposed to do with it. 

And, by the point in the night where fate tilted, JJ had given up and admitted defeat. And Kie was no where is sight, which meant...

"Goddamnit." JJ muttered as he cracked another beer open. The game is just plain rigged. He told himself, just to patch his bruised ego. His blue eyes scanned the boneyard. Surely a cute tour-on girl might make this utter loss a little more bearable. 

Instead, JJ's gaze caught on the annoying, rich pricks who'd come to crash the Pogue's boneyard party. Rafe was the center of the group, like all the Kooks just gravitated around him. And behind him, where he'd been for the past three years, was the snobby little prick known as Andrew Cameron. 

The three oldest Cameron children all had a reputation of their owns. Rafe was the self proclaimed king of the Kooks, Sarah had been dubbed the Kook Princess, but the step-brother, Andrew, had always been the odd one out. He stood at only 5' 5" and Andrew was an image of curly dark mahogany hair and tanned skin with judgmental hickory brown eyes that could drown a person in the weight of his stare.

Andrew was stupidly visually flawless, especially as he stood here among the sand and waves, surrounded by the bleakest colors on the sand and the blue light off the water that the landscape had to offer. He's an annoying vision so painfully pristine he might as well been a marble statue, made to be angry and brittle, silhouetted in the moonlight in the most deceiving way. He could have been glowing. That could be a gold halo over his head. This could be the world's way of making an example for the sake of irony. 

Because Andrew was a notorious asshole. Even towards the people he was surrounded by, the only person he ever seemed to attempt civility with Sarah. Pernicious, petty, spiteful, rude, and all over seemed dislikable. And yet, none of that stopped his good looks gaining him admirers that he completely ignored. 

But Andrew stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd he ran with. He didn't really fit the image of the other Kooks he was surrounded by. Maybe that's why not a single on spared him a glance when he disappeared from their group.