I'm in danger

Percy eventually started pestering his mom about his father. "No, he left before you were born." She'd say. "But, I, I swear... I swear I had some memories of him!" He staggered.

He turned to me, looking deprived of happiness. "Do you have any memories of your dad?" I closed my book and looked at Percy.

"One, it was a song, though. I just have this faint memory of him singing this song to me... and my mother, well she told me he used to sing it to me every night." "At least your father was there when you were born..." He muttered.

I leaned onto his shoulder. I got ready to explain my confusing family history. "He wasn't." I blurted out. He raised his eyebrow at me, perplexed. "He came months later apparently wanting to stay, but left just before my birthday. My mother only spoke highly of him." I moved my eyes to look at him.

"Sorry." I apologized, I didn't know why I did at first but once I thought about it, I knew I should be apologizing. "For what?" "Jeez, could I be a better friend? Most definitely. Because my mom is having troubles I forced you to ruin your trip with your mom!" I felt so bad. "First of all, I didn't know. Second of all, even if I did... I'd still help you, you're my friend."

I didn't quite know what to say, but I didn't want to not respond. My indecisiveness thanked whatever knocked on the door suddenly.

Percy's mom stood up. She opened the door slowly. "Grover?" He looked at Percy and me. "Perfect, they're together." He looked back at Percy's mom. He said something that I couldn't hear, unfortunately I couldn't read his lips either. She turned to us and gestured for us to get out of the door.

Next thing I know all three of us are crammed in the back seat. "Mom what's going on?" "I'm taking you to a summer camp." "Grover, what did you say?" I asked the boy. He shrugged. "Grover, why is there half a goat in your pants?" He suddenly bleated out of frustration. "Satyr!" "Come again?" I asked him. "I'm a satyr, you're lucky because most would be offended-" He got cut off as Percy's mom dodged something.

"Woah!" "Mom what was that?" "We're almost there." She said, blowing off Percy's question. As I continued to get scared by the monster looking things, I clinged onto Percy.

"Grover, are we in danger?" I asked him. I also was quite a bit confused about how Percy's mom knew him, but I didn't quite feel like asking that right now given what was going on. He took a deep breath before answering."More like, Percy is in danger." He answered.

The car suddenly stopping sent my thoughts out the window, I immediately hopped out the car. Percy eventually followed me. "Hey! ...Guys!" Grover yelled, trying to stop us.

I tripped over a rock and fell. The cold, wet ground made me shudder.

I stood back up, shaking. I ran after the Minotaur. "Terrible!" I punched it, angrily. Which, to be honest didn't do much but make it more upset. I stepped back as it stared at me. I had gotten much closer to the car

Then, an explosion went off. I was close enough to the car that the waves from the explosion hit me. I fell to the ground with a thud. "Mom!" I heard Percy call out. Then, an ear shattering ringing followed.

I covered my ears with my hands, but to no avail. It didn't work. I shook violently on the ground. As I struggled to do anything, I looked for Percy.

Some kind of monster stood over Percy. Grover was limp on the ground. I had missed so much within seconds. I put my hands on the ground and pushed myself up. My legs couldn't work enough to walk.

I began army crawling up to this light. This light was occupied by a sign, the sign read, "Camp Half-blood".

I looked over and saw Percy struggling to fight the creature. I recognized this creature, from Mr. Brunner's class. "P, p, Percy!" I managed to scream out in a scratchy voice. He snapped his head to look at me.

"What's that above your head?" The Minotaur had started running at me without me noticing. It abruptly stopped though. I looked above my head. I couldn't quite make out what it was but, it was glowing.

The Minotaur continued to fight Percy. "Go! I'll get Grover!" I wanted to protest, but Percy was stubborn and I knew that.

I started army crawling again. I grunted multiple times. I started pushing forward with my hips, which did help some. Once I nearly reached a door I wanted to check if Percy was ok.

I pulled my upper body up and propped it against a porch. The Minotaur was gone. Or, at least I couldn't see it and Percy wasn't running around. He picked something up, what I recognized as to be Grover.

I turned around and started climbing onto the porch. I went to touch my back, which was a bad idea. I felt raw skin and took a sharp breath. "Percy..." I choked out. I took a few sharp breaths. I heard a bang next to me. I looked over to the side, Percy had collapsed. "Ugh..." I pressed my ear to the porch then everything went black.