xvii. 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲

//chapter seventeen • may you pile body on body 

//chapter seventeen 
• may you pile body on body 

AS EARLY MORNING came, Andrew was hit with more exhaustion. Not physically, mental exhaustion, the kind that makes you wanna lay in bed even when you can't sleep. But more than anything, Andrew just hoped John B would be back in time for them to execute the plan. After they had broken into the Craine house, Ms Craine had put the damn thing up for sale, which would soon make the gold unreachable an/or stolen from them. 

The day began and Andrew kept himself busy by helping Pope set up his pulley prototype so they can double check that the damn thing actually worked. Andrew looped ropes around the tree so Pope could attach the wheels as Kiara stood in the steel tub that would be used to raise the gold out of the well. Kiara was their test subject seeing as she was the lightest.

The pulley failed a few times but they didn't pull Kiara that far off the ground so the tub always safely on the ground without injury to the girl inside. Eventually the pulley proved to hold true and Kiara ended up just sitting in the tub and admiring the marsh which she could see from her high spot in the trees. While Kie was in the pulley, JJ was sat on the edge of the hot tub basically just watching the others work. 

Day pushed over into afternoon and John B still wasn't back, which was as worrying as it was annoying and hindering to Pope's plan, which Pope pointed out several times. But eventually, John B Routledge did come talking down his driveway. Well, walking wasn't the right word━ more like storming and looking anything but pleased. 

"Well it's about damn time." Andrew muttered when they say him.

"Dude, where have you been?" Kiara asked from the pull as Pope lowered her down but John B didn't respond to them, his expression was stone as he walked past her, almost dead set on something.

"Hey, JB, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ falsely declared which made both Pope and Kiara glare over at him.

"No he did not! Me and Andrew did that." Pope corrected quickly as he stared after John B's angry expression with concern as Kie quickly jumped out out of the crate.

"Hey, John B━" Kiara started but John B didn't acknowledge any of them as he stormed into the chateau. John B seemed not at all interested in their break through. Andrew knew fishing is dull as rocks, and fishing Ward Cameron was even worse, and yeah, Andrew's step dad was a piece of work, but it can't have been that bad. Andrew spent way more time than he would've chosen with him, he's a dick, but he wan't that bad━ or so Andrew thought.

They all watched him go inside as Pope walked over to where JJ was. "Uh... what was that all about?" Pope asked the blond who climbed off the hot tub.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ responded as the four of them went into the château to see John B aggressively digging through the living room, looking for something. His friends entered behind him, watching him in concern.