❝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲.❞ - 6

when's it gonna be my turn?

🎟

No sign of praise for your latest single, no "congratulations" messages, no statistics from your manager.

hello again, friend of a friend, i knew you when

For a good minute you could only stare at your phone, watching more and more notifications pour in, not a single one of them being positive. Half awake, you stare down at your phone in complete disbelieve, unable to figure out what was happening. Velvet must have really fucked you up because this is by far worse than anything before.

our common goal was waiting for the world to end.

Your media presence together has always been rocky. Never really enemies, never really friends. There were a few pictures of you two together from events, you did follow and interact with each others socials but it was clear that whenever you were at the same place, there was tension. The fact that fans knew you two weren't too good with each other made this whole deal more believable, which was even worse for you.

now that the truth, is just a rule that you command,

you crack the whip, shapeshift and trick the past again.

_

As you slowly push yourself out of your bed, grabbing your phone and a hoodie with you, you stumble through the halls of your house, pushing the door to the garden open. The cold breeze hit your face like a wake up call, in both negative and positive ways. You needed to think clearly, and you for sure weren't going to read through your notifications without something to calm your nerves.

So you let yourself fall into one of the cushioned chairs, grabbing a pack of cigarettes from the table that was still left messy from a party you organised a few days ago before this whole situation happend. Seems like you had no energy to clean.

Placing the cigarette between your lips and grabbing the lighter to put it on, you felt somewhat ready to check your phone now. Not only did you have a variety of missed calls from your manager, amazing, but also an insane amount of direct messages and comments on recent posts- and they all seemed to be fans of Velvet.

Navigating through all of it felt like pushing yourself through a crowd that was demonstrating against you, like everyone was out to get you. While you didn't get a single message from Velvet, something from an unknown number popped up. From the profile picture you could somewhat guess that this seemed to be her brother. 

"Dude, Y/N I am so sorry. Our manager and Velvet teamed up on this but they wouldn't listen to me. This was too far."

At least someone was sticking to you? Veneer was not necessarily the person you would 100% trust right now, simply because he was close to Velvet, but it felt better to read this than your managers multiple messages about how you're insane for creeping up on an artist like Velvet right before something as important as the award show. It may not be as important as the Lifer award, but still a big deal.  At that thought, you checked the Bop on Top charts and surprisingly, both the siblings' song and yours were fighting for the top spot. It seemed more like radio stations were absolutely milking the new singles though, but whatever.

Shutting off your phone, you put it down on the table in front of you again, leaving yourself a minute to finish your cigarette. Without taking notice of it, your eyes seemed to fill up with tears, both from being overwhelmed with the situation and honestly just at a loss for words, unable to comprehend that someone would do this to you out of pure jealously. Velvet was simply afraid of you and your own success.