1.1

Amaya's eyes snapped open, she seemed to be at the beach, but fog clogged the area making it hard to tell. Rain was pouring down and thunder and lightning was crashing around her. She squinted her eyes trying to get a look at what was ahead, eventually she was able to spot a small light through the darkness. Amaya narrowed her eyes at the light noticing a silhouette holding the light source, it appeared to be dressed like a grim reaper, something that was common among her nightmares.

"Who are you?" The husky voice spoke, only then did Amaya realise she was not alone on this creepy beach. She turned to face the warm but confused presence next to her. A boy, that boy, with golden hair and bight sea-green eyes. This was not the first time this boy had appeared in her dreams. The boy kept his eyes locked on the figure ahead unaware of the dark-haired girl standing next to him.

"So weak. So scared. So sad." The mysterious voice spoke to the boy, "Run away, little hero, before you get hurt."

🔱

Amaya Winters woke with a start. She bolted upright her eyes wide open and adrenaline pumping through her veins. Her head turned to the electric clock she kept by her bed, 12:37am it read.

"It was just a dream, just a dream Maya. Pull yourself together." She whispered to herself, her right hand instinctively moving to play with the rings on her left.

After the brown eyed girl managed to pull herself together, she scanned her empty cabin. Taking a deep breath, she removed herself from her bed and sat on the floor leaning against the cold walls of her secluded space. This was something Amaya did to ground herself to convince herself that she was safe and in a good place and not dreaming. Just as she started to relax and close her eyes her powers kicked in.

Being Hades daughter, Amaya struggled with some of the most depressing powers. One of those being death sense. The ability to know when someone near is dying. This is a power she had managed to control and block out, a majority of the time at least. It still came to haunt her on some nights. Tonight, being one of them.

Amaya's death sense was going haywire. She immediately tried to block it out, focusing all her power into doing so. But something was different about this call, it wasn't giving up so easily. That was when she heard the screams.

A horrified scream pierced her ears, Amaya clamped her hands to her ears trying to shut out the sound but it couldn't be deafened.

"PERCY, PERCY NO!" It yelled. Hold on. Wait a second. That was a familiar voice.

Grover.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Amaya hissed to herself rushing to the door of her dark cabin. She quickly slipped on a pair of black uggs that was gifted from one of the Aphrodite girls when she helped them win capture the flag.

Still dressed in her pajamas,  Amaya sprinted across the path all the way to the Big House. She burst through the doors, immediately calling for Chiron. It didn't take long for an exhausted looking centaur to emerge out of a door off to the side.

"Amaya, what in the gods name has brought you here at 12:43 in the morning?" He spoke looking at the distressed girl.

"Chiron, it's Grover and some demigod, at the top of half blood hill. I can feel it. They are going to die." Amaya spoke slightly out of breath.

"I had a feeling this wasn't going to go well." He muttered studying the dark-haired girls worried expression, "Go fetch Annabeth and come straight back here, I'm going to need help healing them."

"Right, of course sir." The young girl spoke before rushing off to find her best friend in the Athena cabin.

🔱

Percy's eyes fluttered open, searching the unfamiliar space. As his head turned to the side, he spotted the silhouettes of two girls. Lightning flashed outside lighting up the room for a short second.

Taking a breath Percy spoke to the two mystery girls.

"Where am I?" He asked, confusion written all over his face.

"You drool when you sleep." The girl on the right stated with attitude. She was wearing a bright orange t-shirt and jeans; she had dark skin and long braids cascading down her back with a few framing her face and sitting on her shoulders.

"Huh?" Percy muttered to himself before falling back into unconscious bliss.

"Really Annabeth? That's the best you could do?" The other girl spoke narrowing her eyes at her friend. She had long dark hair flowing down her shoulders and bright brown eyes. She was also wearing an orange t-shirt with jeans.

"Whatever, lets go check on Grover, I think he will be good to come out of first-aid soon." Annabeth said to Amaya, grabbing her wrist and dragging her out of the room.

🔱

Percy's eyes opened once again. This time there was sun shining through the window and a satyr sitting next to him.

"It's okay. You're safe." Grover spoke softly to the golden-haired boy.

Percy didn't respond, instead his eyes scanning the room, as if he were trying to figure out where he was. Eventually they rested on the Minotaur horn on a desk at the back of the room. Grover followed his gaze grimacing slightly when he saw what Percy was looking at.

"It really happened." Percy stated, not able to meet Grovers eye.

"Well, it's a big deal to kill a monster like that. So, I wanted everyone to know-"

"Did you see it?" Percy interrupted, "Did you see what happened to my mom?"

Grover lowered his head feeling sorry for the boy lying in front of him.

"I did... I'm sorry...for," Percy turned away from Grover not wanting his best friend to see the tears briming in his eyes. "Everything, my job was to protect you, to get you here safely. Maybe if I'd told you the truth a little sooner, your mom would still be here-"

"Please...stop." Percy interrupted once again.

"I know this isn't easy but I wanna talk about it." Grover persisted.

"I don't." Percy lifted himself out of the bed "You job was to get me here alive. So your job is done."

"Where are you going?"

"It was so important I get here 'cause my father's a god. So I'm gonna go find him." Percy answered sending a final glace to Grover before leaving and closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, but it isn't that... simple." Grover tired to call out after him.